Over or Under: The Great Toilet Paper Debate

bobbybernethy's picture
The eternal question: Should toilet paper hang over or under? Modern engineering has created an efficient way to dispense toilet paper, but it has left orientation up to consumer.
Image: 
over-or-under-the-great-toilet-paper-debate_5137ce46d8202.jpg

Category:

Language: 
English

Publishers:

Designers:

Thumb Meta Data: 
over-or-under-the-great-toilet-paper-debate_5137ce46d8202.jpg
Hash: 
e8c71e5e1aaa3997091f87af094cfb15
Reviewed: 
Source: 
http://www.engineeringdegree.net/over-under/
Infographic Type: 
Infographic
Visible on Site: 
Show in Portfolio: 
Marketplace Infographic: 
Transcript: 
Over or Under THE GREAT TOILET PAPER DEBATE The eternal question: Should toilet paper hang over or under? Modern engineering has created an efficient way to dispense toilet paper, but it has left orientation up to consumer. In determining which is best, there are numerous variables, statistics, and principles of mechanics to take into account. And simple efficiency is not the only concern: for many, TP orientation is a matter of identity, lifestyle, and passion. Let us walk you through this timeless and enduring debate. America goes through 15 billion rolls of paper per day That's enough to wrap around the earth 40 times A brief history of toilet paper 6th century ad- China first documented the use of toilet paper 1857- New york City- toiled paper invented by Joseph Gayetty. It was sold in stacks of square sheets 1879- scott paper company: modern rolls are engineered and mass produced Over vs Under Over Advantages 1. Easier to tear off desired number of tiles 2. less chance of scraping wall with knuckle 3.easier to locate and grab end 70% of people endorse this personality trait: likes to charge, over achiever, stays organized. Under advantages 1. less chance of unraveling an rv or during an earthquake 2. less chance of cat or child unravelling roll 3. tidier appearance 30% of people endorse this personality traits: laid back , artistic, dependable The debate rolls on tilt a roll- invented in 1996 allows users to change orientation by swivelling the roll, avoiding domestic dispute wikipedia- the discussion page for the article on the toilet paper orientation is 2x longer than that for the Iraq war we hope the data we provided you with will help you make an informed decision about domestic and professional toilet paper orientation in the future.