Click me
Transcript

The shocking truth behind your double glazing

THE SHOCKING TRUTH BEHIND YOUR Double Glazing PVC windows generate 43% MAKES UP more waste than timber windows 43% of the raw material required to make PVC IT TAKES EIGHT TIMES more energy to manufacture a PVC window than an equivalent timber frame 82% 3% is recycled 15% of total PVC waste is incinerated goes to landfill PVC waste will rise to.. 6.4 MILLION £ TONNES by when the capacity to recycle it will be A FIFTH of what will be required; 2020 HAZARDOUS CHEMICALS are released into the environment during the incineration process of PVC. Sustainability WWF's view has always been that timber from well managed forests is a genuinely renewable resource. Timber is a renewable reSource and is sustainable if managed responsibly. 57% The remaining 43% is composed of ethylene of PVC is made from chlorine created by passing an electric current through salt mater hydrogen and carbon, obtained from oil on gas 43% of PVC is therefore made up of a nonrenewable resource 田田 || In 1989, just under In 2000 this increased to The total PVC market in 100,000 TONNES 2003 was valued at £4 BILLION 240,000 TONNES of PVC compound were used for window production in the UK. with PVC windows accounting for more than £2 billion of this value. PUe remains the dominant frame material for windows than 田田 田 of all timber windows sold in the UK are made from timber 94% imported from Scandinavia (mostly Sweden). Costs The whole life cost over 60 years for a typical 1.5m? window TIMBER PVC EXPECTED LIFE 60 years 20 years RENEWAL COST £500 £420 RENEWAL COST OVER 60 YEARS £840 03 MAINTENANCE COST OVER 60 YEARS £ £787 £460 WHOLE LIFE COST OVER 60 YEARS £1,287 £1,720 FIND ENERGY SAVINGS Source: https://www.spab.org.uk More

The shocking truth behind your double glazing

shared by fes on Feb 23
533 views
0 shares
0 comments
Infographic highlighting the devastating impact that UPVC double glazing has on the environment.

Category

Animals
Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Get a Quote

Embed Code

For hosted site:

Click the code to copy

For wordpress.com:

Click the code to copy
Customize size