Click me
Transcribed

Hotel Reviews: can we trust them?

Hotel Reviews Can we trust them? What do travelers think? They do trust online reviews 53% 78% 95% of travelers won't book a hotel that has no reviews of travelers say reviews help them feel more confident of travelers say reviews are trustworthy in their booking decisions Trust in online reviews in comparison to other media sources 80 Reviews 70 Brand Websites Newspaper Ads 60 50 40 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Review information meets guest expectations HOTEL 15% 80% think the hotel exceeded their expectations based on the reviews 5% say that the hotel met their expectations based on the reviews claim it was not as good as the reviews implied whwle What makes review sites trustworthy? Criteria that increase travelers' trust in online reviews Number of reviews Quality and detailedness Pictures and images 3 Review sites do not always seem to understand this 67130.000 59% 19% is the total number of reviews of the top 10 review sites of all review sites allow of all review sites users to upload pictures require verification Hotels should respond to hotel reviews of travelers believe that the 78% hotel cares more about them when they respond to reviews of travelers say that seeing the management respond appropriately improves their impression of a hotel 84% of all review sites allow 18% managers to respond What about fake reviews? Fake reviews are on the rise >10% of social media reviews will be fake by 2014 How to identify a fake review strange exclamation My husband and I stayed at the Dutch Hotel in Amsterdam for our anniversary and it was a wonderful trib!!! The staff was very aftentive nd really friendly. The utch Hotel has done a great job creating a hospitable environment. Johnny56 1 review signed uph day ago 8.1 username marks recently signed up too specific phrase vague statements olery example review There is hope for the future Algorithms are being designed that isolate fake reviews based on sentence structure and word utilization The Olery Guest Experience Indextm takes into account most of the factors that influence a review's trustworthiness Review Sites are putting more and more effort in combating fake reviews olery Sources Turn guests into ambassadors. Finding Deceptive Opinion Spam by Any Stretch of the Imagination, 2011, Cornell University (Ott, Choi, Cardie, Hancock) http://www.cs.cornell.edu/*myleott/op_spamACL2011.pdf Olery develops easy-to-use tools for guest experience insights for the hospitality industry. Manage your hotel's online reputation, social media & on-site guest feedback. Untersuchung der Bedeutung & Glaubwürdigkeit von Bewertungen auf Internetportalen Kooperationsprojekt der Internationalen Hochschule Bad Honnef, Bonn und dem Verband Internet Reisevertrieb e.V. http://www.v-i-r.de/em/dokumente/data/731-908.pdf www.olery.com @OleryHQ f facebook.com/olery Gartner: The Consequences of Fake Fans, 'Likes' and Reviews on Social Networks http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2161315 Contact research@olery.com for more information. Study: TripAdvisor reviews and online reputation management can impact hotel booking http://tripadvisor4biz.wordpress.com/2012/12/03/study- tripadvisor-reviews-and-online-reputation-management-can-impact-hot el-booking/ Consumer trust in online, social and mobile advertising grows, Nielsen http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/media_entertainment/consumer-tru st-in-online-social-and-mobile-advertising-grows/ Olery Review Sites Database http://reviewsites.olery.com Percentage of people trusting the source

Hotel Reviews: can we trust them?

shared by Olery on Apr 24
679 views
0 shares
0 comments
It is a seemingly never ending discussion: are reviews authentic or not? Insights and answers from Olery and other sources reveal some interesting information in this infographic. What do travelers t...

Publisher

Olery

Designer

Jan Kuiper

Category

Travel
Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Get a Quote

Embed Code

For hosted site:

Click the code to copy

For wordpress.com:

Click the code to copy
Customize size