Transcript

Powering Up the AT&T Foundry to Power Up Innovation

Powering Up App Innovation At AT&T, we're constantly talking to developers and have heard about the challenges of working to move an app from concept to marketplace. Through the AT&T Foundry, we recently launched the developer mon- etization project, a specialized toolbox to give developers access to a suite of AT&T APIS so that they can easily develop more dynamic apps and sell them directly to customers. Here's a look at the world of mobile apps... The Mobile App Landscape People <3 Apps There are over 300,000 unique mobile apps on Smartphone users have an average of 22 apps* the market 35% of cell phone owners have apps on their phones Mobile app downloads are forecasted to rise from 10.7 billion in 2010 to 182.7 billion in 2015 2010 0000000000 2015 O = 1 billion downloads appeconomics Mobile app revenue is forecasted to reach $32 billion by 2015* ********** But, more than 80% of mobile apps are free" $1.90 $0.99 to $999 RANGE OF PRICES FOR PAID AVERAGE PRICE FOR AN APP8 APPS IN VARIOUS STORES? So, where's the money coming from? Mobile Ad Revenue $20.6 BILLION $3.3 BILLION Advertising is expected to 2011 2015 contribute almost 28% to overall app revenue by 2012 the developers Developers often have to negotiate half a dozen different technology & business arrangements to get There are access to the tools 140,000 to make cool apps. Unique Application Publishers across the iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Ovi and BlackBerry markets? Apps can cost between $5,000 - $150,000 to develop" Developers who want to sell their apps are limited to working within traditional app store business models. AAAAAAARAA On average, only about 70% of app sales revenue goes to the developer. The remaining 30% is kept by the app store." AT&T FOUNDRY WHERE IDEAS ARE MADE (1) IDC, "Worldwide and U.S. Mobile Applications, Storefronts, and Developer 2010 - 2014 Forecasts and Year-End 2010 Vendor Market Shares: The "Appification" of Everything, December 2010. (2) IDC, "Worldwide and U.S. Mobile Applications, Storefronts, and Developer 2010-2014 Forecasts and Year-End 2010 Vendor Market Shares: The "Appification" of Everything," December 2010 (3) Pew Center for Internet & Society, "The Rise of Apps Culture, September 2010 (4) Nielsen, "The State of Mobile Apps," June 2010 (5) Juniper Research, "Mobile App Stores Business Models, Strategies & Market Segmentation 2010-2015," August 2010 (6) Gartner, "Market Trends: Mobile Payments Worldwide, 2011," July 2011 (7) Chetan Sharma, "Sizing Up the Global Apps Market," March 2010 (8) Chetan Sharma, "Sizing Up the Global Apps Market," March 2010 (9) Juniper Research, "Mobile Payments for Digital & Physical Goods: Analysis, Markets & Vendor Strategies 2011-2015," June 2011 (10) Chetan Sharma, "Sizing Up the Global Apps Market," March 2010 (1) Gartner, "Forecast: Mobile Advertising, Worldwide, 2008-2015," June 2011 The Developers (12) Research2guidance, "The Market for Mobile Application Development Services (2010-2015)," July 2011 (13) Internet Retailer, "App Roadmap," May 2010 (14) Gartner, "Forecast: Mobile Application Stores, Worldwide, 2008-2014," January 2011 BILLIONS OF $

Powering Up the AT&T Foundry to Power Up Innovation

shared by hfftw on Mar 26
272 views
1 shares
0 comments
We’re proud of AT&T’s history of innovation. We’ve won eight Nobel Prizes through the years, and we earned more than 1,000 patents in 2010 alone. But the AT&T Foundry innovation centers represe...

Publisher

AT&T

Source

Unknown. Add a source

Category

Technology
Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Embed Code

For hosted site:

Click the code to copy

For wordpress.com:

Click the code to copy
Customize size