Transcript

Improving Building Energy Efficiency

THE EASIEST WAY TO IMPROVE BUILDING ENERGY EFFICIENCY Buildings account for 40% of total national energy usage. That's more than the transportation or industrial sectors.") Lighting Heating Cooling Computers Monitors Printers Lifts Appliances TOWN HALL HERE'S THE THING, THE MAJORITY OF A BUILDING'S ENERGY USE OCCURS WHEN IT'S EMPTY(2) 72% 55% Buildings are on average empty for around 72% of all electricity use occurs during of the year this time S That's more than half an organisation's energy consumption being pumped into an empty building. THE CULPRITS 25% 50% Lighting 25% HVAC Building Plug loads energy usage HVAC and lighting control are increasingly centralised so main culprit is likely plug loads. POWER TO THE PEOPLE The good news is, plug loads are the area where building occupants have the most control.®) 10-15% Savings Research from Oxford University has found that providing direct feedback of energy consumption to users can generate 10-15% of savings.) TIPS TO GET STARTED Analyse the data to identify where the opportunities are. If plug loads, what are the biggest offenders? Draw up a list of the building occupants and champions that should be engaged Think about how you can provide them with the data in an engaging way to motivate change %24 Greenserse OUT OF HOURS The easiest way to improve your building's energy efficiency To learn more, download the free ebook from greensense.com.au/out-of-hours. L'I References: (1) US Department of Energy, 'Energy Efficiency Trends in Residential and Commercial Buildings'. (2) A 365 day year is composed of 8760 hours. Of those 365 days, only around 250, or 2500 hours (assuming a 10 hour operating day), are working days. The rest are weekends and public holiday. This means that the majority of commercial buildings are actualy only operating for about 28% of the year. For the other 72% of the time they're sat empty. (3) 2006 review of LEED-NC v2 energy modelling. (4) Environment Change Institute, Oxford University, The Effectiveness of Feedback on Energy Consumption'. Greensense

Improving Building Energy Efficiency

shared by CuratedContent on Oct 16
216 views
1 shares
0 comments
55% of all electricity usage occurs after hours. This infographic seeks to educate people on energy wastage and learn more with the Greensense ebook.

Source

Unknown. Add a source

Category

Technology
Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Embed Code

For hosted site:

Click the code to copy

For wordpress.com:

Click the code to copy
Customize size