Transcript

The Data That Lies Beneath

HOW DOES DATA GO DARK? 01: RATING Post-purchase, a consumer speaks their I mind about a website's lack of mobile- friendliness by filling out the optional “how was your shopping experience" field and clicks submit. SUBMIT 02: REASONS WHY DATA GOES DARK: While structured data is typically filed neatly into tables in databases, too much data, unstructured data doesn't always have 39% not enough analysis a defined destination or format. In this case, the company's website is not equipped with the technology to can only access responsibly store the consumer's 25% structured data sets comments. Why not? data is there but their 13% tools can't make sense Archives of it Legacy system DMS CMS Backup tapes Databases Email systems 03: The consumer's rant gets stored in a variety of locations, where it's nearly impossible to analyze. File shares

The Data That Lies Beneath

shared by ColumnFive on Feb 24
85 views
0 shares
0 comments
Companies only analyze 10% of the data they collect, the remaining 90% is considered Dark Data. This interactive explores how data goes dark, what the potential of this data is, and how to begin to be...

Category

Technology
Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Embed Code

For hosted site:

Click the code to copy

For wordpress.com:

Click the code to copy
Customize size