Click me

Cloud, IaaS & Virtualization Adoption 2013

Cloud, laaS & Virtualization Survey 2013 Conducted in Q2 of 2013, this survey explored implementation plans for more than 12 technologies, drivers of cloud adoption and provider-selection criteria. With contributions from over 420 respondents, we targeted IT decision-makers at large and midsize enterprises in North America and Europe. OPSVIEW Do you plan to deploy a private cloud in your organization? The results show overwhelming interest in private clouds with 40% of respondents either conducting proof-of-concept projects or using them in production. How important are the following concerns when deploying private clouds? When asked to rank their concerns when deploying private cloud (5 most important, 1- least important) security was chosen by more than a no plans 20% | future plans 33% quarter of all respondents. Our survey also suggests vendors have largely addressed concerns around performance and cost. |deployed 30% | starting 2013 7% | proof of concept 10% Security 48% Reliability 14% Control of data 16% OPerformance 7% Costs 16% What is your preferred private cloud vendor? VMware dominates in the private cloud space followed by Microsoft's aggressively priced offerings. Of the leading open source alternatives, OpenStack has significantly more mindshare than either CloudStack or Eucalyptus. vmware 52% Microsoft 26% cloudstack Eucalyptus Systems 2% 8% openstack" 12% Do you plan to deploy Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (laaS)? What is your preferred cloud laas vendor? Whilst the majority of respondents are interested in cloud laaS, only 16% have deployed it into production. Given laas is still still relatively new, it is not surprising that it has yet to feature in the plans of 40% of respondents. Amazon is easily the preferred laas vendor with Rackspace coming a distant second. Together, remaining vendors are preferred by only 16% of respondents. amazon rackspace. I web services 56% DIMENSION DATA 18% 5% OJoyent 1% |no plans 40% |proof of concept 9% terremark GÖGRID 4% TIER 3 2% |future plans 28% starting 2013 7% 4% deployed 16% How much of your current IT environment is virtualized? Its popularity is underlined by almost a quarter of those surveyed indicating that over 75% of their IT estate now virtualized. How important are the following concerns when deploying Cloud laaS? Security was also a 50 0-10% =14% main concern when deploying Cloud laas. There was, however, 40 11-25% =12% 26-50% = 24% greater concern around the costs 30 51-75% = 27% associated with laaS business models. 75-100% = 23% Security 58% 10 Control of data 14% O Costs 12% Reliability 12% O Performance 4% Who is your preferred virtualization vendor? Microsoft Windows Hyper-V No surprise that VMWare comes out on top with over 54% of respondents choosing them as their preferred supplier. Microsoft's HyperV comes a respectable second with 18%. Oracle, KVM and Xen pick up only 6% each VMware 54% Microsoft HyperV 18% |Xen 6% KVM 6% Oracle VM 6% | No preference 10% Big Data Analytics 16% In which of these areas Log Monitoring 28% are you planning to invest in 2013 Windows 8 Migration 13% With the increasing adoption of virtualized infrastructures and private cloud technologies comes an increase in the criticality of IT monitoring. Therefore it came as no surprise that these three Mobile/Tablet 35% DevOps Tools 20% areas will be the main focus for investment in 2013. IT Monitoring 55% However our respondents remained skeptical about the relevancy of Big Data Analytics and Windows 8 to Service Desk22% their businesses. Private Cloud 46% Virtualization 64% © Opsview 2013 20

Cloud, IaaS & Virtualization Adoption 2013

shared by brianking74 on Jul 25
Conducted in Q2 of 2013, Opsview's Cloud, IaaS and Virtualization survey explored implementation plans for more than 12 technologies, drivers of cloud adoption and provider-selection criteria. With co...


Opsview Ltd




Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Get a Quote

Embed Code

For hosted site:

Click the code to copy


Click the code to copy
Customize size