Click me

Shocking Electricity Statistics and Facts

SHOCKING ELECTRICAL FACTS The amount of energy used in the USA doubles every 20 years Electricity travels at the speed of light! One bolt of lightning has enough electricity to supply 200,000 average size homes! More than 186,000 miles per second! A spark of static electricity can measure up to Thomas Edison invented over 2,000 items, including almost everything needed to use electricity in our homes.... 3,000 fuses sockets meters switches volts Only 10% of energy in a light bulb is used to create light Iceland is the first and only country to date which relies The other 90% of the energy creates the heat solely on renewable sources for electricity The first power plant was owned by Thomas Edison and opened in New York in The first bridge that used electricity was the Brooklyn Bridge in New York The Statue of Liberty was the first lighthouse to use electricity in 1882 1883 1886 Australia, Poland, and South Africa produce an even greater percentage. The USA China uses coal produces half of its electricity from coal to generate three quarters of its electricity Coal makes up a total of 2/5 of the world's electricity generation Demand for solar electric A hurricane releases 50 trillion to 200 trillion watts of heat energy energy has consistently grown by 20-25% per year over the past 20 years Just 50mA across your heart can kill you. That's equivalent to a 9v battery! O Google They account for roughly 0.013% of the worlds energy usage. The first edition of the Wiring Regulations was released in 1882 The energy it takes to conduct 100 searches is equivalent to a 60 watt light bulb turned on for 28 minutes It was 4 pages long. That's enough electricity to power 200,000 homes continuously. The current BS 7671 Wiring Regulations stands at 496 pages EC4U ELECTRICIAN COURSES 4U Sources,2817,2392654,00.asp

Shocking Electricity Statistics and Facts

shared by EC4U on Oct 27
Did you know that Google's energy usage is enough to power 200,000 homes continuously?? We have the most shocking and interesting electricity facts for you.


Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Get a Quote

Embed Code

For hosted site:

Click the code to copy


Click the code to copy
Customize size