Click me

AIDF Water Security Summit: Asia 2014

BROUGHT TO YOU BY "More people die from unsafe water than from all forms of violence, including war. These deaths are an affront to our common humanity, AID & INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT FORUM and undermine the efforts of many countries to achieve their development potential." Ban Ki-Moon, Secretary-General, United Nations AIDF Water Security Summit: Asia 2014 23-24 April 2014 | Malaysia Today. 1.1 billion people - one in six - do not have access to a safe and adequate water supply. This number could increase to 2.3 billion by 2025 BUILDING PARTNERSHIPS TO ENSURE WATER SECURITY WATER USE The world uses: By 2025: 70% freshwater for irrigation 1800 million people will be living in countries or regions with absolute water scarcity Two-thirds of the world 22% freshwater for industry population could be under stress conditions caused 8% freshwater for domestic use by water scarcity DRINKING WATER AND SANITATION TTT the UN suggests that every 20 seconds, a child dies as a result of more than 1 in 6 people worldwide - don't have 2.5 billion people. including almost one billion children, live we need 20-50 litres of safe freshwater a day for drinking, cooking and cleaning poor sanitation. That's 1.5 million preventable deaths each year access to 20-50 litres of safe freshwater a day without basic sanitation. WATER, AGRICULTURE AND FOOD SECURITY 40% 60% rainfed 1kG irrigated agriculture systems 1kG Food Production 1,000 - 3,000 13,000 - 15,000 LITRES LITRES irrigated agriculture currently contributes to 40% of the world's food it takes 1,000 to 3,000 litres of water to produce one kilo of rice production and the remaining 60% comes from rainfed systems it takes 13,000 to 15,000 litres of water to produce one kilo of grain-fed beef WATER POLLUTION, ENVIRONMENTAL DEGRADATION AND DISASTERS 70% 11,000.000 2 MILLION water-related natural TONS disasters 1900 2014 in developing countries, 70% of industrial wastes since 1900 more than 11 million people every day, 2 million tons of human waste are disposed are dumped into waters where they pollute the usable water supply since 1900 we've lost half have died as a of in water courses of the world's wetlands consequence of drought FINANCING WATER for developing countries alone $103 billion per year are required to finance water, sanitation and $103 BILLION wastewater treatment through 2015 BUILD PARTNERSHIPS TO ENSURE WATER SECURITY Join exclusive AIDF Water Security Summit: Asia 2014 Hosted at: Putrajaya International Convention Centre (near Kuala Lumpur), Malaysia 2 days of inspiration: 23 – 24 April 2014 1 common goal: Building partnerships to ensure water security in Asia-Pacific 250+ leading experts in water security 40+ high profile speakers 250+ Who will attend? Government ministers • UN members NGO representatives Attendees Private sector Investors Summit topics include: Water in Green Growth and Water -Food Energy Nexus Sustainable Water Resource Management Sanitation & Waste Water Management Water Financing & Investment Opportunities Water Governance and Pathways for Collaboration Water Supply for Rural & Vulnerable People Emergency Water Management Partnerships Days of inspiration 1 Goal Register Now | Follow @FollowAIDF Sources Ban Ki-Moon, Secretary-General, United Nations, March 22, 2010 United Nations Development Programme, PlayPumps International Aquastat FAO Joint Monitoring Programme on Water Supply and Sanitation (JMP) United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) UN Water Water footprint World Health Organization (WHO) Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC) AID & INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT FORUM 0-

AIDF Water Security Summit: Asia 2014

shared by AIDF2014 on Mar 19
Two Days of Inspiration! Register today at: The Aid & International Development Forum is the world leading forum dedicated to uniting leading experts in water s...


Daniel Brown


Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Get a Quote

Embed Code

For hosted site:

Click the code to copy


Click the code to copy
Customize size