Click me

2012: Is it Better to Rent or Own?

2012: Is it Better to Rent or Own? 宁宁 RENT SALE Whether you're afraid to make a big commitment or unsure of the housing market's stability, it's never a bad idea to weigh the pros and cons of renting. İnstead of running around searching the Internet for reasons to rent or own, look no further than this infographic to tell you useful info to help you make a well-informed decision. Pros Pros and Cons of Renting B.2) Jobless Friendly If you lose your job, the Zero Repair Costs government is more likely to qualify you for state benefits if you're renting a property. STATE BENEFIT No maintenance or repair costs, You generally aren't responsible for anything that breaks on the Easy Moring property-unless you broke it, that is. It's a tough housing market for those looking to sel. No House? No problem lomen Deposits Renting allows you to move after your lease Typically you'l be liable for, at the most, 3 months rent as a deposit. expires and that can be a huge relief for some. Houses typically require a 20% down payment up front. landlords Landlords can be Cons honest and timely people when it comes to repairs or Insurance communication. The landlord has the Occasionally, landlords can be neglectful and untimely, resulting in delayed maintenance or sluggish response times, INSURANCE house under their coverage. You are still responsible for property-related insurance. No Customizations No Return On Inuestment Many rental companies and landlords don't like A house is an investment with the ability to appreciate over time, 121 changes to the house and it could prevent you from hanging pictures on the walls or painting Since you're not the owner, yoU won't gain value from the home you rent. а гоom. What You Should Know About Renting-to-Own Cost Static Home Price CONTRACT When you rent-to-own, you'll typically pay a premium for the lease rather than if you had a normal renting lease. When signing the lease, you're agreeing to pay a set amount. This amount depends on the current market price of the home. This option is only for those who actually intend to eventually own the house and not for those wishing to just rent the place due to higher rent cost. if you rent-to-buy in a bad housing market, you could stand to gain a great deal when the sector improves. Pros and Cons of Renting a House vs an Apartment More space in a House If you have pets or a desire for a sprawling lawn, a house may be ideal for you. Should you have very few items and possibly no children, an apartment is a logical choice. Improved Prinacy While it isn't always the case, houses can be a lot more private than your typical apartment complex. Infectation So your neighbor at the house you were renting has a bed bug problem. It surely isn't a Now imagine that same neighbor with the infestation lives just down the hall and the bugs are often seen crawling along the hallway celing. common problem between the two of you. You could have a serious issue within the week. Maintenance Your lease may not cover this kind of work whereas an apartment complex would maintain the yard for you. Get out the shovels and lawn mower and get ready to tend to the landscaping. Professionaliam While it isn't always On the other hand, a company that has a professional staff that knows the tenancy laws typically owns apartments. the case, many private owners lease out houses. Who's renting? (5) SALE RENT In 2011, 66% of Americans owned the housing they The remaining 34% rent their residence. lived in. 100% 83% 79% 80 64% 58% 60 42% 40 36% 21% 20 17% Under age 30 30 to 44 years old 45 to 64 years old 65 years or ölder Ownng their hoUsing |Renting their housing What are renters leasing? Sngle-family A E homes Mobile homes (19 Structures with 2 to 4 units- Structures with 5 or more units There could be a variety of enticing perks that come along with renting or owning an apartment or a house, though there are possible challenges ahead in both instances. Don't shy away from either option, but you should always make an informed decision and consider all the positives in addition to the negatives. Brought to by: Itotal bankruptcy" [1] [2] [3] html [4] quide/63814/property tips/renting a house versus_renting an apartment_the_pros and cons.html [5] http://www.nmhc org/Content.cfm?ltemNumber=55508 Sources **------

2012: Is it Better to Rent or Own?

shared by Amcoffey on Aug 15
1 comment
Whether you’re afraid to make a big commitment or unsure of the housing market’s stability, it’s never a bad idea to weigh the pros and cons of renting. Instead of running around searching the I...


Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Get a Quote

Embed Code

For hosted site:

Click the code to copy


Click the code to copy
Customize size