Transcript

Stoptober: Are You Giving Yourself The Best Chance To Quit?

ARE YOU GIVING YOURSELF THE BEST CHANCE TO QUIT? TO SUPPORT STOPTOBER HERE IS THE LATEST RESEARCH ON THE BEST WAYS TO HELP YOU QUIT SMOKING FOR GOOD Best Chance To Quit 4% 8% 10% 31% Prescription Medication + Go It Prescription Medications Only Non-NHS Alone Treatments group support Go ItAlone Quit Rate COLD TURKEY No medical help. No support. Just willpower Alternative (non- NHS) Treatments Nicotine Replacement ДО NRT Therapy eg sprays, patches 4% (bought over the counter) SELF HELP Self help books and information 5% TELEPHONE Telephone support provided by a third party 8% INTERNET Online support from a third party 8% ACUPUNCTURE No improvement over a placebo NOT EFFECTIVE ST. JOHNS WORT St Johns Wort tablets or spray NO DATA HYPNOTHERAPY No improvement over any other form of general counselling NOT EFFECTIVE PRESCRIPTION MEDICINES MONO-NRT Taking one type of prescription NRT 7% BUPROPION Anti-depressant that reduces withdrawal symptoms 8% Taking a combination of prescription NRT drugs COMBO-NRT 10% Tablets that stimulate VARENICLINE nicotine receptors to reduce withdrawal 10% COMBINATION TREATMENTS 20% MONO NRT + One type of NRT plus group support e.g. NHS Stop Smoking BUPROPION + Bupropion plus group support e.g. NHS Stop Smoking 23% Combined NRT plus COMBO NRT + 26% group support e.g Stop Smoking VARENICLINE + Varenicline plus group support e.g. NH$ Stop Smoking 31% One of the most important factors in giving up is willpower. You must really want to quit Different treatments work for different people. It's difficult to predict what will work To give yourself the best chance of quitting, consult your doctor or local NHS Stop Smoking Service for you Sources http://www.smokinginengland.info/ref/Estimated%2052-weekX20quitX20rates%202.pdf http://www.nice.org.ulk/nicemedia/ live/11925/43885/43885.pdf http://emokefree.nhs.uk/stoptober/ (All data is based on 52 week quit rates)

Stoptober: Are You Giving Yourself The Best Chance To Quit?

shared by jamessebastianporter on Sep 26
624 views
0 share
0 comments
Have you heard of Stoptober? Starting October 1st, it’s the first ever mass quit smoking attempt happening in the UK. The idea is that quitting together increases the chances you’ll quit, and if ...

Publisher

DrEd

Category

Health
Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Embed Code

For hosted site:

Click the code to copy

For wordpress.com:

Click the code to copy
Customize size