Click me
Transcribed

International Nurses Association - What does a Certified Nurse Midwife Do?

International Nurses Association WHAT DOES A H"CERTIFIED NURSE MIDWIFE DO? Certified nurse midwives, or CNMS, are registered nurses who've also graduated from a nurse midwifery program. They provide care for female patients and their families during adolescence, pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period. WHAT DO THEY DO? CNMS provide family-centered care to women throughout their reproductive lives, including: On average, only 10% of a CNM's time is spent in the direct care of birthing women and their babies. Delivering newborn babies and providing care for the baby and mother. The other 90% is spent providing primary, preventative care to patients and families. CNMS work in hospitals, birth centers, health clirics, and homebirth services. Providing routine gynecological services. Diagnosing patients and referring them to specialists if needed. There were over 11,000 practicing CNMS in the US as of 2015.

International Nurses Association - What does a Certified Nurse Midwife Do?

shared by INANurses on Jul 03
436 views
2 shares
0 comments
International Nurses Association has Certified nurse midwives, or CNMs, are registered nurses who've also graduated from a nurse midwifery program. They provides care for female patients and their fam...

Tags

None.

Source

Unknown. Add a source

Category

Health
Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Get a Quote

Embed Code

For hosted site:

Click the code to copy

For wordpress.com:

Click the code to copy
Customize size