Click me
Transcribed

Easter by the numbers

Easter by the Numbers ( A.K.A. Our Easter Candy Shame) Easter kicks off Spring the right way: kids running around the yard looking for hidden eggs, while the adults take pictures and sneak candy out of the kids' baskets. How much Easter candy do Americans eat? We've got the numbers below: Bonus! There are 18 chocolate bunnies in this graphic. Can you find them all? Trend 1: Easter spending is on the rebound... Trend 2: Easter CANDY spending hardly suffered..." $140 $22 $130 $20 $120 $18 $110 $16 This year: $131 per household, or $14.7 BILLION total 90% Plan on buying candy. Sad Easter for the other 10% $100 $14 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 O Average Easter Spending by Year O Average Easter Candy Spending by Year Do you plan to celebrate Easter? No (19.8%) Yes (80.2%) Americans buy over 120 million pounds of candy for Easter. That's enough to max out over 4,615 Dump Trucks 16 billion Jelly beans are made for Easter Stacked end to end, 16 billion jelly beans would circle the globe nearly 3 times! Easter Chocolate 70% of Easter candy we buy is chocolate Over 4 million nasty Peeps marshmallow chicks and bunnies are made per day. Chocolate Bunnies are one of the Fact most popular chocolates, with 90 million made for Easter each year. Fact Top chocolate consumption holidays: 100 M 80 M 60 M 40 M 20 M Halloween Easter Valentine's (90 million Ibs. of choc.) (71 million Ibs. of choc.) (48 million Ibs. of choc.) Popular bites: Bunnies should be eaten ears first, according to 76% of Americans. My bum hurts. Wha?! 5% said bunnies should be eaten feet first, while 4% nom. favored eating the tail first. The other 15% probably said, "That chocolate was shaped like a bunny?" Sources: This infographic was created by: http://www.nrf.com - National Retail Federation http://www.candyusa.com - National Confectioner's Association http://www.factmonster.com/spot/eastercandy1.html DegreeSearch.org

Easter by the numbers

shared by Tal on Apr 24
1,116 views
3 shares
0 comments
The true numbers about the Easter candy shame.

Publisher

Degree Search

Tags

easter candy

Source

Unknown. Add a source

Category

Food
Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Get a Quote

Embed Code

For hosted site:

Click the code to copy

For wordpress.com:

Click the code to copy
Customize size