Transcript

Facts About Recycling

FACTSABOUT RECYCLING Hopefully these facts will motivate us all to recycle more! 2011 Recycling rates are at a record high, with approximately 40% of household waste being recycled. However, that leaves 60% going to landfill. PAPER Each tonne of recycled paper can save 17 trees, 380 gallons of oil, 3 cubic yards of landfill space, 4000 KW of energy and 7000 gallons of water. 4000 YEARS Glass takes over 4000 years to decompose in landfill sites, but can be recycled indefinitely. Recycling 100 CANS Once an aluminium can is recycled, it can be part of a new can in as little as six weeks. could light your bedroom for two whole weeks. Recycling aluminum cans saves 4 95% of the energy used to make cans from new material. WHATCAN YOUDO TOHELP? REDUCE REUSE RECYCLE Reduce" means using fewer resources in the first place. Before you recycle or dispose of anything, consider whether it has life left in it Turn waste into something useful! Infographic created by Lili Waste Services

Facts About Recycling

shared by Emmaclaire on Nov 28
958 views
1 share
0 comments
Interesting facts about recycling, and what we all should be doing to reduce waste.

Publisher

emma

Designer

emma

Category

Environment
Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Embed Code

For hosted site:

Click the code to copy

For wordpress.com:

Click the code to copy
Customize size