Click me
Transcribed

Amount of Water Wasted at your home

Why Conserve Water?



While fresh water is renewable resources, the world's supply of clean, usable water is decreasing faster than it can be replaced.



Salt Water

Fresh Water

Frozen

Available for Human Consumption



97%

3%



Although over 70% of the earth's surface is water, 97% of that water is saline (salt water), leaving a mere 3% for fresh water.



Only 1% of all water is fit for human consumption!



Of that 3%, over 2/3 is frozen in glaciers and the polar ice caps, leaving less than 1% readily available for human consumption.



Save Money and Water with Low-Flow Fixtures and Appliances



An average US family uses 127,009 gallons of water per year! Low-flow appliances and fixtures can help reduce that number.



Normal Fixture

Low-flow Fixture

SAVINGS ON THE WATER BILL



FAUCET



If the faucet is run for 4 minutes a day...

4,000 gal/yr

3,000 gal/yr

A water saving faucet would save over 1,000 GALLONS OF WATER PER YEAR!

1-2%



WASHING MACHINE



If you do just 2 loads every week

5,000 gal/yr

3,000 gal/yr

A water saving washer would save over 2,000 gallons of water per year!

2-5%



SHOWER HEAD



If every other day you took a 15 min shower...

19,000 gal/yr

7,000 gal/yr

A water saving shower head would save over 12,000 gallons of water per year!

9-12%



TOILET



If a toilet is flushed 15 times per day...

33,000 gal/yr

9,000 gal/yr

A water saving toilet would save over 24,000 gallons of water per year!

15-18%



TOTAL SAVINGS PER HOUSEHOLD



If all US household installed water-saving fixtures and appliances, it would save



40,000 gal/yr per household



Savings on water bill: 30%



X



All US Households



=



5.4 billion gal/day!



$ 11.3 million dollars!



In just one year, this amounts to 2 trillion gallons of water saved, which is worth over $4 billion dollars! Did you know the Amount of Water Wasted at your home? Why Conserve Water? Only 1% of all water is fit for human consumption! While fresh water is a renewable resources, the world's supply of clean, usable water is decreasing faster than it can be replaced. Salt Water 97% Fresh Water 3% Of that 3%, over 2/3 is frozen in i glaciers and the polar ice caps, | leaving less than 1% readily available I for human consumption. Frozen Although over 70% of the earth's surface is water, 97% of that water is saline (salt water), leaving a mere 3% for fresh water. Available for Human Consumption Save Money and Water with Low-Flow Fixtures and Appliances An average US family uses 127,000 gallons of water per year! Low-flow appliances and fiztures can help reduce that number. Normal Fixture Low-flow Fixture SAVINGS ON THE WATER BILL FAUCET A water-saving faucet would save over If the faucet is run for 4 minutes a day... 1,000 GALLONS OF WATER PER YEAR! 1-2% 4,000 gal/yr 3,000 gal/yr A water-saving washer would save over WASHING MACHINE If you do just 2 loads every week 2,000 gallons of water 2-5% 5,000 gal/yr 3,000 gal/yr per year! SHOWER HEAD %3D %3D A water-saving shower head would save over If every other day you took a 15 min shower... 9-12% 12,000 gallons per year 19,000 gal/yr 7,000 gal/yr per person! TOILET %3D %3D A water-saving toilet would save over 15-18% If a toilet is flushed 24,000 gallons of water per year! 15 times per day... 33,000 gal/yr 9,000 gal/yr TOTAL SAVINGS PER HOUSEHOLD If all US households installed water-saving fixtures and appliaces, it would save All US 40,000 gal/yr per household Housdeholds 5.4 billion gal/day! Savings on water bill: 30% 11.3 million dollars! In just one year, this amounts to 2 trillion gallons of water saved, which is worth over $4 billion dollars! %24

Amount of Water Wasted at your home

shared by smithapat on Mar 06
4,750 views
5 shares
0 comments
Water plays an important role in the lives of most living beings. Though it is abundant on planet earth, 97% is salt water and unfit for human consumption. Out of the available water resource only 1% ...

Category

Environment
Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Get a Quote

Embed Code

For hosted site:

Click the code to copy

For wordpress.com:

Click the code to copy
Customize size