Click me
Transcript

The Current State of Unemployment

THE CURRENT STATE OF UNEMPLOYMENT North Dakota - 26% (10,600) South Dakota - 3.6% (16,400) North Dakota has the lowest Nebraska - 3.7% (37,700) Utah - 43% (60,700) Hawaii - 4.4% 29,900) unemployment rate, at 2.6% while lowa -4.4% (72,500) Vermont - 4.4% (15,300) Wyoming - 4.4% (13,600) Rhode Island & Nevada share the Minnesota - 4.6% (137,400) Kansas - 5.1% (76,400) New Hampshire - 5.1% (37,600) Montana - 5.2% (26,300) Oklahoma -5.1% (98,300) highest, at 9%. Virginia - 5.4% (227,900) Idaho - 6.1% (47,300) Missouri - 6.1% (182,300) Texas -6.1% (776,100) West Virginia - 6.1% (48,200) Alabama -62% (132,400) Louisiana - 6.3% (131,100) Wisconsin - 63% (194800) Florida - 64% (599,400) Maine - 6.4% (45,500) Maryland - 6.4% (199,800) New Mexico - 6.4% - (58,700) Alaska - 6.5% (23,700) Colorado - 6.5% (177,100) Delaware - 6.5% (28,500) Washington - 6.8% -(235,200) Massachusetts - 7.1%- 245,700) South Carolina - 7.1% - (152,600) Indiana - 7.3% (232,400) Oregon - 7.3% (139,800) Pennsylvania - 7.3% (469,800) New York -7.4% (716,000) North Carolina - 74% (343,600) Ohio - 7.4% (426,800) Arkansas - 75% (99,100) Connecticut - 7.6% (140,300) Georgia - 7.7% (363,100) Arizona - 78% (2,534,600) New Jersey -7.8% (351,800) Tennessee - 8.1% (248,100) Kentucky - 8.2% (169,400) Mississippi - 8.3% (107,000) California - 85% (1,578,200) linois - 8.7% (567 500) Michigan - 8.8% (413,200) Nevada - 9% (122,700) Rhode Island - 9% (49,500) There are currently 13,2|1,000 Unemployed Individuals in the United States This nearly amounts to the populations of Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Nebraska, Hawaii, Kansas, & Utah - combined! The average person is unemployed for 37.2 weeks January February March April May June July August September October November December less than 5 weeks 22.6% 5-14 weeks 23.8% 15-26 weeks 16.2% 27 weeks and over 37.7% The average American's earnings are $24.15/hour The average American would earn $28,748.16 for full-time employment for an average duration of unemployment. An individual with less than a high school diploma is over 3x as likely to be unemployed as a person with a bachelor's degree or higher. Less than a high-school diploma 10.8% High school graduate, no college 7.3% Some college or associate's degree 6.4% Bachelor's or higher 3.4% Not everybody works full-time. There are 7.7 million involuntary part-time workers in the United States. In 2012,1 in every 4 part-time workers lived in poverty. While 1 in every 20 full-time workers lived in poverty. As of November 2013, there were a total of 953,000 jobs created 222,000 (23%) full-time part-time 731,000 (77%) Only 222,000 Cor 23%) of them are full-time. The other 731,000 77%) are part-time employment. 4 out of every 5 US Adults struggle with joblessness, near-poverty, or reliance on welfare for at least part of their lives. By 2030, based on the current trend of income inequality, close to.. 85% of all working-age adults in the US will experience bouts of economic insecurity. http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/laus.pdf http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t12.htm http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t04.htm http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nro.htm http://www.moneynews.com/nealasbury/full-time-part-time-jobs-workers/2013/08/29/id/522850 http://carseyinstitute.unh.edu/publication/794 http://www.cbsnews.com/news/80-percent-of-us-adults-face-near-poverty-unemployment-survey-finds/2/ brought to you by... V eJobApplications.com

The Current State of Unemployment

shared by ejobapplications on Jan 29
158 views
0 shares
0 comments
Did you know that there are over 13 million Americans unemployed right now? The current state of the United States unemployment rate is attributed to current legislation and policies that have been...

Category

Economy
Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Get a Quote

Embed Code

For hosted site:

Click the code to copy

For wordpress.com:

Click the code to copy
Customize size