Transcript

Bloomberg 360 Regulation

BLOOMBERG 360 REGULATION A guide to Financial Regulation in 2014 from Bloomberg's experts Following a December rule-writing push from regulators, 2014 will be another rulemaking- heavy year. Here are some key dates for new sets of compliance and reporting standards under Dodd-Frank #BBGReg regulations, European rules on derivatives and global capital rules. %$4 %24 %$4 ****** Ш ..... THE KEY 2014 DATES January 10 The qualified mortgage rule sets underwriting standards for lenders and creditors. January 31 (%) The swaps push-out rule prohibits federal assistance to swaps entities, and clarifies the treatment of uninsured U.S. branches and agencies of foreign banks. Banks are granted a transition period until July 2015. February 10 Comments are due on the Commodity Futures Trading Commission's proposed position-limits rule, which would limit the positions traders can hold in an individual commodity. Au February 12 The European Market Infrastructure Regulation requires over-the-counter derivatives transactions in the European Union to be reported to a trade repository. Spring 2014 Comments are due on the Securities and IPO Exchange Commission's so-called Regulation A Plus proposal, which would allow companies to raise up to $50 million in additional funds without having to register with the agency. June 30 The biggest U.S. banks must begin Volcker Rule reporting, barring any legal challenges to certain aspects of the rule to ban proprietary trading. Eight banks must begin Volcker Rule reporting June 30 $200 $400 $600 HSBC Trading assets and liabilities Wells Fargo & Co Deutsche Bank in billions Morgan Stanley Bank of America Citigroup Goldman Sachs JPMorgan Chase SOURCE: Federal Reserve and Bloomberg July Municipal advisers will have to register with the SEC on a staggered schedule. July 7 SEC amendments go into effect that remove references to credit ratings in certain rules related to broker-dealer financial responsibility and disclosures by funds. July 22 Deadline for full compliance with the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive for alternative investment funds and fund managers in the European Union. September 15 The cross-border swaps rules require U.S.-based traders who arrange, negotiate or execute a deal to comply with Dodd-Frank when they arrange trades domestically and then book them overseas. Facts about Just 65% of major Dodd-Frank actions are complete, the other 35% are still being negotiated or don't exist. Dodd-Frank rule SOURCE: Federal Register and Bloomberg Government Analysis 65% 18% 17% Completed In progress Not started November and December 2013 – Busiest Proposed rules months for Dodd-Frank rulemaking since April Final rules 12 10 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Sound off on twitter with #BBGReg Follow us @BloombergLP Melissa Karsh, Editor, Bloomberg Brief (@MelKarsh) Cady North, Analyst, Bloomberg Government (@cadynorth) E Bloomberg Produced by Bloomberg Communications & Social Media ...**.. *.....*

Bloomberg 360 Regulation

shared by borisbenko on Feb 14
270 views
0 shares
0 comments
Financial regulation is not just an American challenge, it is a global one. Market makers and investors are playing in increasingly interconnected markets and they need to understand the rules on an i...

Publisher

Bloomberg

Designer

borisbenko

Category

Economy
Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Embed Code

For hosted site:

Click the code to copy

For wordpress.com:

Click the code to copy
Customize size