Click me

The Psychology of Trusting Remote Workers

TRUSTING REMOTE ILIVIC WORKERS THE NEW NORMAL As of 2019, 1 in 10 Americans worked from home at least once per week RTUP BUT, with COVID-19 rapidly shutting down businesses across the world, MORE WORK- PLACES ARE SENDING THEIR EMPLOYEES HOME INDEFINITELY Americans Are Increasingly Working Remotely WHY REMOTE WORK IS SO VALUED Compared to working in a traditional office setting: As of 2018: 91% 79% 78% experienced better work-life balance felt reduced stress increased their productivity and focus 57% 29% 25% BUT with the spread of COVID-19, millions more are working from home than ever before out of necessity Had a flexible schedule Could work from home Sometimes worked from home Employers See Benefits, Too "The coronavirus is going to be a tipping point. We plodded along at about 10% growth a year for the last 10 years, but I foresee that this is going to really accelerate the trend." Remote makes your workplace more desirable 77% would be more likely to accept a position if it offered the ability to at least occasionally work from home Kate Lister President of Global Workplace Analytics Access to LARGER POOL of Potential Employees Giving employees the ability to work from home means you can hire outside of normal commuting distance For areas with skill shortages, widening their nets may be particularly beneficial Find the best team members, regardless of where they're based Lower Overhead Fewer (or no) people in-office will greatly reduce operating expenses Productivity A 2019 study found that remote working improves productivity by nearly 15% What's not needed? Equipment, utilities, coffee, and even rent* *If forgoing office space all together Increased morale positively correlates to quality of work and productivity BUT, new processes can lead to confusion and problems, including Boosted Morale Employees with flexible work options enjoy their job more Managers becoming overzealous and micromanaging 82% of remote workers feel more trusted by their employer Employees try to prove them- selves and end up overworked As of 2019, only 38% remote employees received no training on how to work from home THE OTHER 62% ARE READY AND TRAINED FOR THE FUTURE OF WORK - Focus on Trust Employees at organizations that value trust feel Over half of CEOS feel their company's growth is THREATENED BY A LACK OF INTERNAL TRUST 106% More energy at work 76% More engaged in tasks How Can Employers Show Trust? 74% Lower stress levels 40% Less likelihood of burnout 29% Higher overall life satisfaction People need a clear direction and LEADERS CAN PROVIDE THE RESOURCES NEEDED TO ACCOMPLISH THEIR TASKS Encourage Self-Direction Allow for Achievement Be Transparent A 2014 study found that A 2015 study found that NEARLY HALF 76% WORKPLACE ENGAGEMENT of employees would give up a 20% raise for greater control days are when they make over how they work improved with daily communication from team leaders reported their best work progress on goals Because of the coronavirus outbreak, 67% of employers are actively ensuring that jobs previously in-office are done from home Americans Are Ready For The Future of Work 78% 53% Feel they will be healthier working from home Believe that working from home will have a positive impact on their life Studies* have shown that allowing your team greater autonomy ENHANCES PRODUCTIVITY *Harvard Business Review Sources: With an emphasis on trust, any remote team can survive and thrive Presented by: DEVELOPED BY N NOWSOURCING

The Psychology of Trusting Remote Workers

shared by NowSourcing on Jun 12
1 view
Studies have shown that allowing your team greater autonomy enhances productivity. Can showing trust improve your business?


Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Get a Quote

Embed Code

For hosted site:

Click the code to copy


Click the code to copy
Customize size