Click me

Namibia Breweries Annual Report (Print)

COMPANY PROFILE NBL IN NUMBERS GENERAL INFORMATION PRODUCED IN 2011 BREWING EXCELLENCE FOR OVER 2.14 milion H. 90 years CURRENT NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES Established on 29 October 1920, Namibia Breweries Limited (NBL) is one Brewed by choice and according to the German purity law, the Reinheitsgebot of the leading beverage manufacturing companies in Namibia and Southern Africa. In 2010, Namibia Breweries celebrates over 90 years of brewing Lager enjoy the reputation of quality and purity for which the brands have excellence while looking back at a proud Namibian heritage. In 1920 earned international recognition, most recently by winning back to back gold of 1516, Windhoek Lager, Windhoek Light, Windhoek Draught and Tafel 764 the Kronen Brauerei (Swakopmund), Omaruru Brewery, Klein Windhoek medals during the prestigious Deutsche Landwirtschafts Gesellschaft (DLG) Brewery and Felsenkeller Brewery (Windhoek) were acquired by Messrs Karl Awards in 2010. List and Hermann Ohlthaver who consolidated them form the South West Breweries. When, in 1967, it acquired the Hansa Brauerei in Swakopmund, The Ohlthaver & List Group of Companies in 2004 launched a new value South West Breweries became the only remaining independent commercial system, "Mwenyopaleka", which means rebirth in the local Oshiwambo TOTAL BRANDS MANAGED TOTAL BRANDS BREWED LOCALLY brewery in Southern Africa. With the Independence of Namibia in 1990, vernacular. Mwenyopaleka embodies the Group's collective commitment to SEVENTEEN EIGHT South West Breweries changed its name to Namibia Breweries Limited challenge our historic and cultural past to improve the future for everyone. As (NBL) - as we are still known today. a member of the Ohlthaver & List Group of Companies, Namibia Breweries Limited adopted the Mwenyopaleka values which aim to align the Group's Today, with the stated vision: To be the most progressive and inspiring activities. WINDHOEK LAGER, WINDHOEK DRAUGHT, WINDHOEK LIGHT, CLUB SHANDY, TAFEL LAGER, HEINEKEN, URBOCK, HANSA company, Namibia Breweries is the leader in the domestic beer market and WINDHOEK LAGER, WINDHOEK DRAUGHT, WINDHOEK LIGHT, CLUB SHANDY, HEINEKEN, has a significant share of the premium beer category in South Africa. The DRAUGHT, AMSTEL, ERDINGER, FRUITTREE, SMIRNOFF STORM & SPIN, FOUNDRY, GUINNESS, ARCHERS AQUA, MCKANE AMSTEL, TAFEL LAGER, URBOCK Group's total exports account for more than half of total production output. In May 1996, NBL listed on the Namibian Stock Exchange and became a public-listed company. The Ohlthaver & List Group of Companies, a major Namibian group of companies, is the controlling shareholder in NBL. DIVISIONAL CONTRIBUTION TO REVENUE 2011 GEOGRAPHIC CONTRIBUTION TO REVENUE 2011 In 2003, leading drinks company Diageo and brewer Heineken became NBL's strategic partners. Brandhouse Beverages (Pty) Ltd, NBL's joint partnership with Heineken and Diageo in South Africa, has enabled the ВR Group to penetrate this lucrative market while beer growth in countries such as Angola, Botswana and Zambia are also significant. In February 2009, 92.7% NAMIBIA NBL entered into a historic global brand licence agreement with Diageo which allows for the world-wide brewing and distribution of its flagship brand SOFTS 3.9% Windhoek Lager. RTD'S 3.0% 50% ОТHER 0.4% 50% EXPORT FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS 2011 FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS 2011 GROWTH IN EARNINGS PER SHARE EARNINGS PER SHARE 2011 (CENTS) GROWTH IN TURNOVER TURNOVER 2011 (NSMILLION) 102.3 4% 1797.1 32% EARNINGS PER SHARE 2010 (CENTS) TURNOVER 2010 (NSMILLION) 1731.1 77.4 GROWTH IN DIVIDEND DECLARED PER SHARE DIVIDENDS PER SHARE DECLARED AND PROPOSED 2011 (CENTS) GROWTH IN OPERATING PROFIT 9% 50 = 25 + 25 N$375.3 m 24% FINAL (PROPOSED) INTERIM (13.05.2011) TOTAL N$303.0 m DIVIDENDS PER SHARE DECLARED AND PROPOSED 2010 (CENTS) N$256.6 m 46 = 23 + 23 N$181.5 m FINAL (19.11.2010) TOTAL INTERIM (14.05.2010) 2011: 2010: CASH USED IN INVESTING ACTIVITIES (NS MILLION) CASH USED IN INVESTING ACTIVITIES (NS MILLION) 2008 2009 2010 2011 324.6 247.5 IMPROVEMENT IN OPERATING PROFIT MARGIN 3% 20.9% 17.5% RETURN ON TOTAL ASSETS 2011 16.4% CHANGE IN RETURN ON TOTAL ASSETS 33.9% 13.6% 3.3% MARKETING INVESTMENT IN BRANDS 36% RETURN ON TOTAL ASSETS 2010 30.6% 2008 2009 2010 2011

Namibia Breweries Annual Report (Print)

shared by clara_ilena on Dec 11
The client wanted to show how much Breweries had grown in the last 12 months in terms of infrastructure, finances and market share and how they have done this in the most sustainable way possible. Thi...


Namibia Breweries


Clara Ilena


Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Get a Quote

Embed Code

For hosted site:

Click the code to copy


Click the code to copy
Customize size