Click me
Transcribed

The BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Party

YOU ARE INVITED TO THE BYOD PARTY ...TRY AND KEEP IT UNDER CONTROL Location: Your workplace Time: 9am until ??? Hosting the perfect party takes planning, organization and the right amount of precaution. Throwing a free-for-all event with little preparation and no rules leaves valuables and property at risk. This risk must be managed to ensure everyone makes the most of the party and has a great time. Allowing BYOD in the workplace follows the same formula. Balancing data privacy and compliance with employee needs helps to maintain control over sensitive data and keeps everyone productive and happy, while ensuring guests, invited or not, don't walk out with your bank card (or customer list!). 95% 76% of employees say their job allows BYOD in some capacity of IT leaders said BYOD was positive but also challenging Estimates say 55% 40% of smartphones used in business will be owned by employees by 2015 of employers cited "device choice" as top employee BYOD priority 55% 55% of employees said their organization does not have a usage policy of companies said they plan to implement basic data protection systems For the remaining 45% 50% do not enforce policies 71% Only 9% have a policy to wipe corporate data and leave personal data intact of businesses plan to implement a solution that separates business and personal data 5% 36% of corporate data is stored on smartphones, or 236GB for every 5TB of employers wipe devices when they are lost, stolen or when employees leave the company Implementing a sound BYOD policy and the right mobile security and risk management tools is essential for mitigating the risks of corporate data leakage, cyber attacks, privacy loss and compliance breaches stemming from the BYOD party. Consider ways to keep your private corporate data contained and protected before someone walks it out the back door without your knowledge. It's time to party, and you never know who might show up. Are you prepared? Fixmo Sources newsroom.cisco.com/release/854754/Cisco-Study-IT-Saying-Yes-To-BYOD cio.com/article/702299/ls_Mobile_Virtualization_Ready_for_Your_Business_?taxonomyld=3112 cm.com/slide-shows/mobility/232601886/the-mobile-device-threat-shocking-mobile-security-stats.htm?pgno3D5 intomobile.com/2011/08/13/juniper-research-mobile-security-software-revenues-37-billion-2016/ computerworlduk.com/news/security/3303494/idc-mobile-device-chaos-creating-heightened-security-demand/ trendmicro.com/cloud-content/us/pdfs/business/white-papers/wp_decisive-analytics-consumerization-surveys.pdf media.www1.good.com/documents/Good_Data_BYOD_2011.pdf notifycorp.com/products/documentation/Key Issues to Consider in Mobile Device Management.pdf

The BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Party

shared by fixmo on Mar 28
506 views
1 shares
0 comments
Hosting a party takes a lot of organization and the right amount of precaution. Throwing a free-for-all party with little preparation and no rules leaves valuables and property at risk. Allowing BYOD ...

Publisher

fixmo

Designer


Category

Business
Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Get a Quote

Embed Code

For hosted site:

Click the code to copy

For wordpress.com:

Click the code to copy
Customize size