Want to Learn About Wine? Start With These 14 Wine Infographics
Wine is an ancient drink with uncountable varieties. With such a lengthy history, the culture surrounding it has also had a long time to evolve. This has produced an immense mountain of information about it, and makes stepping into the wine world a daunting task.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Wine is a great place to start. The infographic shows some general stats about wine, and some basic info for describing and identifying wines.
- A Question of Taste shows the proper way to taste wine, and a little bit about the anatomy of grapes.
- To see all the Different Types of Wine, and how they are related, this taxonomy of wine is great.
- To sample some of the top wines from 2012, check out Wine Spectator’s Top 100 of 2012.
- If that list is too daunting, try starting with French Wine.
- Once you’ve sampled some wines for yourself, it’s time to learn How to Choose a Bottle of Wine.
- It’s also important to know how to Pair Wine and Food.
- Pairing Food and Wine Flavors for Mealtime Magic takes pairing a little bit further, describing flavors that match well.
- And the Food & Wine Pairing Guide is probably the most extensive out there, comparing both the wine and the paired food.
- So, Where in the World Does Wine Come From?
- And How Does the Wine Bottling Process Work?
- Now that you know where most wine is from, and how it gets bottled, maybe it’s time to learn How to Make Wine.
- But beware, making wine is an intensive process. It takes a lot of Water and Energy to Make Wine.
- So, let’s have a Toast to Wine!