We recently posted a collection of infographics to help you outfit your kitchen and that got us in the mood to do some cooking. But following text recipes can be cumbersome. It’s so easy to lose your place in the text directions every time you turn around to crack an egg or add some spices.
One great way around it is creating visual recipes. You can follow them more easily – and they’re definitely more enjoyable to look at and fun to execute. Here are 20 visual recipes that should turn out as delicious as they look!
- This one isn’t so much a recipe as it is a chart showing ingredients. But who doesn’t love Pancakes?!
- Oatmeal is another great breakfast food, and it’s even better when it’s magic.
- The Egg Combination Generator is the ultimate in egg concoction creators. It’ll take you down any number of delicious paths.
- Shakshuka also includes eggs, although they don’t provide the base like they do in an omelette.
- If you’re in the mood for a curry, Saag Paneer is always delicious — and good for you too.
- So is Lasagna, especially if you add spinach to the list of ingredients.
- If you’re making lasagna, not many sides go better with it than Garlic Breadsticks.
- And while we’re eating Italian, we might as well get some Pesto in.
- Not to be outdone by Italy, Chile has their own palatable paste, Aji Pebre.
- If you’re in the mood for a liquid meal, Carrot Soup is a good candidate.
- Goulash is another soup and it’s almost as fun to say as it is to eat.
- If soup isn’t your thing, maybe Sushi is more to your taste.
- Whatever you eat, you’ll need something to drink. Butterbeer is a good option.
- While we’re on the Potter theme, Cauldron Cakes make a great dessert.
- And the more desserts, the better. Semolina Halva is a scrumptious option.
- And we always want S’mores!
- In case you still haven’t had enough, Tres Leches Cupcakes are melt-in-your-mouth amazing.
- And Cupcake Anatomy will show you the breakdown of all the parts to your cupcakes.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies are always classic.
- And after all those desserts, we need to watch our health. An Apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Whatever you concoct in your kitchen, try it with a visual recipe next time, and see if it tastes as good as it looks.
Drew Skau is a hungry Visualization Architect at Visual.ly and a PhD Computer Science Visualization student at UNCC with an undergraduate degree in Architecture. You can follow him on twitter @SeeingStructure