already has a Visually account,
please choose one of the following options.
INFLUENCE and SOCIAL MEDIA
"It has never been easier to be as influential as you can be today." But just what makes social media such a powerful tool?
1. IT'S UBIQUITOUS Social media use is enormous - and growing. As of January 2013, active monthly membership measured:
FACEBOOK 1 BILLION
YOUTUBE 800 MILLION
GOOGLE+ 343 MILLION
TWITTER 200 MILLION
LINKEDIN 200 MILLION
TUMBLR 77 MILLION
FLICKR 75 MILLION
PINTEREST 40 MILLION
One out of every seven people on earth is on Facebook.
2. IT'S TIME CONSUMING Internet users spend more time per month on social media sites than every before:
FACEBOOK 405 MINUTES
TUMBLR 89 MINUTES
PINTEREST 89 MINUTES
TWITTER 21 MINUTES
LINKEDIN 17 MINUTES
GOOGLE+ 3 MINUTES
3. IT'S HABIT FORMING A recent study suggests social media is hard to separate from real life. Of 1000 people surveyed:
56% check Facebook daily
12% check Facebook every couple of hours
40% don't mind being interrupted for a message
32% check social media during meals
7% would check a message during an intimate moment
4. IT INFLUENCES LIFE OFFLINE Compared to the average internet user, social media users are:
19% more likely to attend a professional sporting event
44% more likely to give their opinion on TV programs
45% more likely to go on a date
47% more likely to spend money on clothing, shoes, and accessories
18% more likely to work out at a gym or health club
26% more likely to give their opinions on politics and current events
75% more likely to spend money on music
5. IT HELPS BUSINESSES Business can take advantage of the prevalence of social media to connect to their consumers
78% USE TWITTER
75% USE FACEBOOK
40% USE LINKEDIN
22% USE WORDPRESS
13% USE FLICKR
11% USE TUMBLR
65% of small business owners said social media helped them stay engaged with customers.
50% of social media users under 35 follow their online friends' product and service recommendations.
64% OR TWITTER USERS and 51% OF FACEBOOK USERS are more likely to buy the brands they follow online.
THESE STATS MAKE IT CLEAR THAT SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENTIAL, IT'S POWERFUL, AND IT'S HERE TO STAY.