Vocational Training in Jordan
Vocational Training in Jordan is administered through three Ministries;
• Ministry of Education
• Ministry of Higher Education
• Ministry of Labor.
istry of Education offers high school vocational training in 193 schools.
The total number of vocational education graduates in 2013 reached 7,678
Reform Strategy which aims to:
Contribute to poverty reduction
Promote the employability of the Jordanian workforce.
(Employment, Technical and Vocational Education and Training)
As part of the overall education and training improvement strategy of the Jordanian government, extensive resources from Jordanian and International donors, have been allocated to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to reform the Employment Technical and Vocational Education and Training system.
By cooperating with international institutions, VTC is acquiring best practices from global experiences, and securing funding to develop vocational and technical training in Jordan as stipulated in the National Agenda, such as:
1. Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA),
2. Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) or German Technical Cooperation,
3. European Training Foundation (ETF)
4. Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA)
5. British Council’s “Skills for Employability Project”, implemented by South Nottingham College and City College Brighton and Hove
6. US Agency for International Development’s (USAID) “Jordan Tourism Development Project II”,
7. Singapore, through Asia-Middle East Dialogue (AMED) countries
8. World Bank’s “Employer Driven Skills Development Project” implemented by Malaysia’s K-UTECH/UTHM as partners with which it collaborates.
Regional Distribution of Vocational Training Centers
Number of Training Centers
Central Region 2 1
Northern Region 9
Southern Region 1 2
A total of 42 vocational training centers throughout Jordan offer courses in around 200 specializations within 4 main training programs:
1- Semi-skilled level
2- Skilled level
3- Craftsman level
4- Applied secondary
Some of the most significant specializations are
• information technology,
• aluminum blacksmithing,
• maintenance of appliances
• maintenance and repair of vehicles,
• among others.
In addition, there are various private business training centers in Jordan that provide professional training programs in areas such as business management and entrepreneurship.
Never miss a thing with our weekly newsletter. We'll send you the latest and greatest infographics, news and all things Visually.
Go ahead, you can always opt out anytime with just one click.
Switch to Wordpress Code
Click below to copy
Get Notified of New Infographics
Thank you for subscribing to the Visually newsletter.
Just one last thing: we've sent you an email asking you to confirm your subscription.
Tell your story visually before December 31st and get a free iPad Air!*
The holidays are a great time to tell your brand story. From Black Friday trends and Mobile Shopping guides to the Best and Worst Times to Book Travel and Thanksgiving etiquette, the Visually team will help you craft your brand's unique stories and raise your social profile during the noisy holiday season.