UK General Information.
Especially designed for international students.
Do you know how much a loaf of bread costs? How many airports are in the UK? What is the equivalent of £1? These are just a few...
UK facts worth knowing.
Just so you know...
Brits drive on the left;
The dialling code is +44;
Clock go forward by one hour around March and go back in October;
You must stand on the right when using escalators;
Emergency number is 999;
Shops close early on Sundays.
Top five cool facts about the UK:
1. The English are huge tea fans! They drink almost twenty times more tea than the Americans;
2. There are over 300 languages spoken in England;
3. Hot chocolate originated in England and the first store to sell it opened about the year 1600;
4. About 80,000 umbrellas are left on the underground tubes every year, unclaimed;
5. The London Eye is the tallest Ferris wheel in Europe.
Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!