Crime is an ever-present problem, whether it’s at home, or on the road.www.top-criminal-justice-schools.net has created an infographic entitled “Stay Safe Out There” full of tips and statistics ...
behind crimes and how to protect yourself and your loved ones from burglary, robbery, and vehicle theft.
While home robberies have dropped 52% in the last 17 years, 34 million homes are still falling victim to burglaries. With an average loss of over $2,000 in an 8-12 minute time span, it’s important to take a few precautions to help keep your home safe. Here are just a few of the tips outlined below:
- Keep exterior doors free of rot, cracks and warping.
- Use deadbolts on all exterior doors.
- Avoid keeping a spare key outside.
- Make sure pet doors are as far away from the door lock as possible.
- Ensure lights are installed on the exterior of all sides of the house.
This infographic also details the most vulnerable points of entry, such as the front door and the first floor windows.
While you are out, criminals are watching. There are over 660,000 personal robberies and thefts every year, with 28% involving a firearm. Protect yourself by following a few of these simple tips:
Walk in groups whenever you can.
- Avoid alleys, vacant lots and other secluded areas.
- Walk on the sidewalk, avoiding doorways, bushes and other potential hiding places.
Careful driving may keep you safe from accidents, but crime can still happen while running your errands. A vehicle is stolen every 44 seconds, leaving over 715,000 people victims of car theft. While a car-jacking only accounts for 3% of stolen cars, leaving valuables in the vehicle, along with expensive items like GPS units or cell phones make you a prime target. Keep your car safe by following these tricks:
- Don't leave valuables in plain view.
- Remove GPS devices and smartphones.
- Park in busy, well-lit areas.
- When leaving your car for a valet or repair service, give them only your ignition key.
- Have your keys ready before you reach your car.
Feel free to comment, like, and share this infographic from www.top-criminal-justice-schools.net entitled, “Stay Safe Out There”.
Never miss a thing with our weekly newsletter. We'll send you the latest and greatest infographics, news and all things Visually.
Go ahead, you can always opt out anytime with just one click.
Switch to Wordpress Code
Click below to copy
Get Notified of New Infographics
Thank you for subscribing to the Visually newsletter.
Just one last thing: we've sent you an email asking you to confirm your subscription.
Tell your story visually before December 31st and get a free iPad Air!*
The holidays are a great time to tell your brand story. From Black Friday trends and Mobile Shopping guides to the Best and Worst Times to Book Travel and Thanksgiving etiquette, the Visually team will help you craft your brand's unique stories and raise your social profile during the noisy holiday season.
*Requires $10k minimum purchase
Please tell us more about your professional experience...
Please fill out at least one of the following fields