----- EXECUTIVE BRANCH ------
---- President : Elected for 6 years by citizens of the Russian Federation Head of State; determines the guidelines of domestic and foreign policies
--- Government : ...
Exercises the executive power in Russia Consists of the Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Ministers and Federal Ministers
----Prime Minister : Appointed by the President with the consent of the State Duma
----- Deputy Prime Ministers : Coordinate activities of various federal executive power bodies, or all such bodies in a specific area (economy, social policy, etc.)
Some of the Deputy Prime Ministers are simultaneously heads of particular ministries
Deputy Prime Ministers are proposed by the Prime Ministers and appointed by the President
----- Cabinet of Ministers:
- The Interior
- Civil Defence, Emergencies, and Disaster Relief
- Foreign Affairs
- Labour and Social Security
- Education and Science
- Natural Resources and Environmental Protection
- Industry and Trade
- Communications and Mass Media
- Regional Development
- Economic Development
- Development of the Russian Far East
- Coordination of Open Goverment
------ LEGISLATIVE BRANCH ------
The Federal Assembly :
- Consists of two chambers: the Council of the Federation and the State Duma
- The Council of the Federation includes two representatives from each subject of the Russian Federation: one from the legislative and one from the executive body of state authority
- The State Duma consists of 450 deputies (parties present in the current Duma are United Russia, KPRF, LDPR, and A Just Russia), and shall be elected for a term of five years
---- JUDICAL BEANCH ----
- Constitutional Court (consists of two chambers, represented by 10 and 9 judges respectively, judges are selected by lot; main function is checking the laws for consistency with the Constitution)
- The Supreme Court of the Russian Federation is the supreme judicial body for civil, criminal, administrative, and other cases under the jurisdiction of common courts, shall carry out judicial supervision over their activities and provide explanations on the issues of court proceedings
---- REGIONAL GOVERNEMENT ----
83 federal subjects ruled by Governors, who are proposed by the President and approved by regional parliaments
Never miss a thing with our weekly newsletter. We'll send you the latest and greatest infographics, news and all things Visually.
Go ahead, you can always opt out anytime with just one click.
Switch to Wordpress Code
Click below to copy
Get Notified of New Infographics
Thank you for subscribing to the Visually newsletter.
Just one last thing: we've sent you an email asking you to confirm your subscription.
Tell your story visually before December 31st and get a free iPad Air!*
The holidays are a great time to tell your brand story. From Black Friday trends and Mobile Shopping guides to the Best and Worst Times to Book Travel and Thanksgiving etiquette, the Visually team will help you craft your brand's unique stories and raise your social profile during the noisy holiday season.