Average Umbilical Cord Stump Healing
1. Day 1, Baby comes home with umbilical cord clamped or plugged. Cord will be moist and light in color.
2. Day 4-10 Clamp or plug has usually broken off by now or doctor may remove the clamp at baby's 1st week visit. Cord is now dry and dark in color.
3. Day 10 or later, Cord falls off. There may be some light bleeding and some small pieces may remain.
4. After cord falls off a scab may form.
5. Day 14-18, Typically all healed.
Visually provides on-demand access to the world's top designers and copywriters.Learn More About Visually Infographics