Nahdlatul Ulama (NU):
• Founded in 1926 and is the Largest official Islamic Society in the world, with approximately 70 million members from Indonesia and other countries.
• NU is current...
ly headed by HE Mr. Said Aqil Siraj.
Social Principles of NU
1 - Moderation: a principle based on justice and avoiding all forms of extremism.
2 - Tolerance: a principle based on respect for different opinions and cultures in the community.
3 - Balance: a balanced position for the organization’s performance and services, in order to achieve harmony in the relations between all people and the relationship between man and God Almighty.
Objectives of NU:
• The establishment of Islamic teachings on the doctrine of the Sunnis among communities within the Republic of Indonesia.
• Believes in the moderate interpretation of Islamic ruling and Shari’a, and promotes and motivates the harmonic coexistence of different religions and beliefs.
• NU plays a big role in the collection of Zakat and alms and its distribution in Indonesia, and play s a complementary role to that of the Indonesian government.
• The NU has a tremendous political influence in Indonesia and engages in different areas including :
1 - Religion
2 - Education
3 - Civilization
4 - Economy
5 – Public Service
Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!