Nahdlatul Ulama (NU):
• Founded in 1926 and is the Largest official Islamic Society in the world, with approximately 70 million members from Indonesia and other countries.
• NU is current...
ly headed by HE Mr. Said Aqil Siraj.
Social Principles of NU
1 - Moderation: a principle based on justice and avoiding all forms of extremism.
2 - Tolerance: a principle based on respect for different opinions and cultures in the community.
3 - Balance: a balanced position for the organization’s performance and services, in order to achieve harmony in the relations between all people and the relationship between man and God Almighty.
Objectives of NU:
• The establishment of Islamic teachings on the doctrine of the Sunnis among communities within the Republic of Indonesia.
• Believes in the moderate interpretation of Islamic ruling and Shari’a, and promotes and motivates the harmonic coexistence of different religions and beliefs.
• NU plays a big role in the collection of Zakat and alms and its distribution in Indonesia, and play s a complementary role to that of the Indonesian government.
• The NU has a tremendous political influence in Indonesia and engages in different areas including :
1 - Religion
2 - Education
3 - Civilization
4 - Economy
5 – Public Service
Never miss a thing with our weekly newsletter. We'll send you the latest and greatest infographics, news and all things Visually.
Go ahead, you can always opt out anytime with just one click.
Switch to Wordpress Code
Click below to copy
Get Notified of New Infographics
Thank you for subscribing to the Visually newsletter.
Just one last thing: we've sent you an email asking you to confirm your subscription.
Tell your story visually before December 31st and get a free iPad Air!*
The holidays are a great time to tell your brand story. From Black Friday trends and Mobile Shopping guides to the Best and Worst Times to Book Travel and Thanksgiving etiquette, the Visually team will help you craft your brand's unique stories and raise your social profile during the noisy holiday season.