Electronic waste is a growing problem in the UK and throughout the world. The precious metals and toxic materials inside cell phones must be handled properly. It is important for cell phone users to d...
ispose of and recycle their devices responsibly and ethically. The following are a collection of interesting mobile stats, obtained from the mobiles2money.co.uk infographic.
• The average working life of a mobile phone is 7 years, however, worldwide the average consumer changes their mobile every 11 months!
• Over 90% of materials in mobile phones can be recovered such as nickel, cadmium, cobalt, gold, silver, copper, plastics and other metals
• About 105 million mobile phones are thrown in the trash in Europe every year.
• There are many precious metals as well as harmful materials used in the manufacture of mobile phones, and by using phones for landfill instead of recycling them, we pose a hazard to the economy and to the environment.
• The average UK home has about 3 unused cell phones tucked away in closets and drawers, totalling approximately 80 million unused mobile phones in the UK.
Never miss a thing with our weekly newsletter. We'll send you the latest and greatest infographics, news and all things Visually.
Go ahead, you can always opt out anytime with just one click.
Switch to Wordpress Code
Click bellow to copy
Get Notified of New Infographics
Thank you for subscribing to the Visually newsletter.
Just one last thing: we've sent you an email asking you to confirm your subscription.
Tell your story visually before December 31st and get a free iPad Air!*
The holidays are a great time to tell your brand story. From Black Friday trends and Mobile Shopping guides to the Best and Worst Times to Book Travel and Thanksgiving etiquette, the Visually team will help you craft your brand's unique stories and raise your social profile during the noisy holiday season.