Messi vs Ronaldo
€100 million (market value) €90 million (market value)
Barcelona discovered Messi at an early age. The club took him to Spain and arranged specialized treatment for his growth hormone deficiency.
1. Messi claimed a Liga/UEFA Champions League double in 2005/06, but he didn't become a regular starter until the following memorable season, which included a hat-trick in El Clásico against Real Madrid CF (33)
2. Won the 2005 FIFA U-20 World Cup and the 2008 Olympic Games with Argentina. He became his country's youngest representative at the FIFA World Cup, in 2006.
3 - Won every competition Barcelona entered and registering 38 in the remarkable 2008/09 season. During a top-scoring nine in the UEFA Champions League. he doubled the Azulgrana's lead In the final against Manchester United FC with a rare header
4. Wrapped up 2009 with an extra-time winner in the FIFA World Cup final; named FIFA World Player the Year.
5. Finished as the UEFA Champions League’s leading scorer for the third season running in 2010/11. He scored his 12th goal m the Wembley final agianst United, with 53 goals total in all competitions.
6. In 2011, won the inaugural UEFA Best Player in Europe Award. A day later scored opening goal in the UEFA Super Cup as Barcelona defeated FC Pocto20 In 2012, awarded the FIFA BalIon d’Or for the third year in a row.
7. Beat César Rodriguez’s club best of 232 goals for the Blaugrana with a hat-trick In a 5 3 triumph over Granada CF in March 2012. Two weeks later he broke the 1 2-goal record for the most strikes in a single UEFA Champions League
season, in a quarterfinal game against AC Milan.
Born: Funcha, Madeira.
Joined Sporting Clube de Portugal after a successful trial and scored twice on his league debut at 18 went to Old Trafford after impressing Manchester United FC players in a pre-season friendly.
1. Won the FA Cup in his first season with United, scoring the opening goal in a 3:0 final defeat of Millwall FC. For Portugal at UEFA EURO 2004, he registered his first international goal in the opening loss to Greece and went on to win a place in UEFA’s All-Star Squad.
2. Scored seven goals in 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifying and helped Portugal reach the semi-finals, won the league with United and both player and footballer of the year prizes, as well as the young player gong in 2006/07 campaign.
3. Had an amazing scoring run in the 2007/08 season, top marksman in both the Premier League with 31 goals, and UEFA Champions League (eight goals) United won both.
4. Won 2008 UEFA Club Footballer of the Year, Ballon d'Or and FIFA World Player of the Year. Helped United to another domestic title In 2009, but lost
the UEFA Champions League to FC Bacalona.
5. ln June 2009. signed a six-year contract with Madrid after a world-record E90m move in his second season, won the Pichici, registered a record 40 Liga goals in 34 games and headed the winner in the Cope del Roy final against Barcelona.
Date of birth (age): 24/06/1987 (24)
Squad number: 10
Club: Barcelona (ESP)
Date of birth (age): 05/0211985 (27)
Squad number: 7
Club: Real Madrid (ESP)
37 Matches 38
50 Goals 46
20 Assists 13
11 Matches 10
14 Goals 10
5 Assists 3
26 Fouls suffered 20
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUES
73 - Messi set a new record for goals during a season with 73 goals in all competitions
100 - Became the youngest Barca player to reach 100 goa]s when he scored against Sevillla FC in the Liga In January 2010. He ended the season with another league title and 47 goals In all competitions He owns the record for most goals in single season in Europe (72) and set a new record for La Liga goals (50).
The 2008 UEFA Club Footballer of the Year. Ballon d'Or and FIFA World Player of the Year. Helped United win another domestic title In 2009 but Iost the UEFA Champions League final to FC Barcelona in his last game for the Red Devils.
Clube de Portugal.
Manchester United FC.
Real Madrid CF
UEFA Champions League winner 2006, 2009, 2011
UEFA Champions League leading scorer 2008109. 2009/10, 2010/11
UEFA super Cup winner 2009, 2011
UEFA Best Player in Europe 2011
UEFA Club Footballer of the Year 2009
UEFA CIL Forward of the Year 2009
UEFA coni users’ Team of the Year 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
UEFA EURO 2004 runner-up
UEFA EURO 2004 All-Star Squad
UEFA Champions League: winner 2008, runner up 2009
UEFA Champions League. leading scorer 2007108
UEFA Club Fooballer of the Yea- 2008
UEFA Club Forward of the Yea- 2008
UEFA corn users Team of the Year 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010. 2011
The holidays are a great time to tell your brand story. From Black Friday trends and Mobile Shopping guides to the Best and Worst Times to Book Travel and Thanksgiving etiquette, the Visually team will help you craft your brand's unique stories and raise your social profile during the noisy holiday season.