The service sector expanded by 8%, underpinned by a 22% boost
in tourist arrivals to 3.3 million supporting hotels, restaurants, and
transportation (Figure 3.25.3); growth in wholesale and retail tr...
the deepening of financial services. The increase in tourist arrivals from
Asian countries outpaced declines from Europe and the US
It is the macro-organization on tourism and tourism industry. It is a service agency of the government. Main duties and responsibilities are to prepare the laws, rules and regulations on tourism and the tourism industry, strategy on tourism development, and promotion targeting in the National Socio-Economics Development Plan.
Lao National Tourism Administration also has the right to administer, manage, and monitor the activities of the Tourism Operation Units as the policies and the laws specify.
Main policies are :
1. The Government will pay a central role in the conservation, protection and development of cultural, natural and historic tourism that is sustainable and involves and benefits local people.
2. The Government considers tourism as a component of national economic development to encourage production, the service sector, increase foreign exchange earnings, create employment, generate income and raise the living standards of the multi-ethnic Lao people.
3. The Government and society promote activities such as expositions, traditions and festivals related to the beautiful national cultural and artistic heritage and brave traditions of the multi-ethnic Lao people in order to encourage domestic and international tourism.
4. The Government respects and protects rights, fairness and safety of tourists.
5. The Government actively creates convenient conditions and protects individual rights and the national and international investors that are engaged in promoting and investing in the tourism sector.
Lao People’s Democratic Republic has opened its doors to welcome tourists from every continent around the world in 1998. The tourism sector plays a significant role in the socio-economic development of the Lao PDR. Laos is blessed with overwhelming and unexploited nature pleasing every tourist who has come here.
ASEAN : “The New Tourism Landscape” is the new campaign to attract tourism. We welcome you to what Laos has to offer, development potentials of the nation entering the new century.
Source: National Tourism Administration
Never miss a thing with our weekly newsletter. We'll send you the latest and greatest infographics, news and all things Visually.
Go ahead, you can always opt out anytime with just one click.
Switch to Wordpress Code
Click below to copy
Get Notified of New Infographics
Thank you for subscribing to the Visually newsletter.
Just one last thing: we've sent you an email asking you to confirm your subscription.
Tell your story visually before December 31st and get a free iPad Air!*
The holidays are a great time to tell your brand story. From Black Friday trends and Mobile Shopping guides to the Best and Worst Times to Book Travel and Thanksgiving etiquette, the Visually team will help you craft your brand's unique stories and raise your social profile during the noisy holiday season.
*Requires $10k minimum purchase
Complete your profile
Which role describes you best?
Please tell us more about your professional experience...
Please fill out at least one of the following fields