• The World Bank has played a key role in alleviating poverty in the Kingdom, creating jobs for Jordanians and ensuring economic stability
• Over the past 45 years, it extended over $2.34b in ass...
istance to the Kingdom, leading to the direct and indirect employment of thousands of Jordanians
• Currently, the World Bank has 29 active projects in the Kingdom worth over $413.9m and focused at, but not limited to, enhancing inclusive growth, mitigating the impact of the Syrian crisis, enhancing GoJ capacity by providing technical assistance, promoting MSME development, and building active labour markets
• WB program to Jordan guided by the Country Partnership Strategy 2012-2015 with a lending envelope that was recently increased to $1b (from $500-600m before).
• The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the private sector lending arm of the World Bank Group, providing financial services to businesses investing in the developing world. It has with 2 overarching goals:
• End extreme poverty by 2030
• Boost shared prosperity—in every developing country
• IFC’s current 2nd largest portfolio in the MENA region (close to $1bn) is in Jordan (after Egypt). IFC investments in Jordan are focused towards infrastructure development, energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals and the financial sector.
Never miss a thing with our weekly newsletter. We'll send you the latest and greatest infographics, news and all things Visually.
Go ahead, you can always opt out anytime with just one click.
Switch to Wordpress Code
Click below to copy
Get Notified of New Infographics
Thank you for subscribing to the Visually newsletter.
Just one last thing: we've sent you an email asking you to confirm your subscription.
Tell your story visually before December 31st and get a free iPad Air!*
The holidays are a great time to tell your brand story. From Black Friday trends and Mobile Shopping guides to the Best and Worst Times to Book Travel and Thanksgiving etiquette, the Visually team will help you craft your brand's unique stories and raise your social profile during the noisy holiday season.