The human body is more powerful than the world’s fastest sports car.
It adapts to its surroundings, it processes information on the fly, and it is unique to only one individual in the whole entire ...
But it doesn’t stop there. The human body is able to store an enormous amount of information inside that frame of flesh and bone.
This infographic explains just how much digital information is stored in the human genome.
1) DNA is the blueprint of the human genome.
2) Humans carry 46 chromosomes; 23 each from mom and dad.
3) A DNA molecule looks like a twisted ladder composed of nitrogen bases: adenine (A), thymine (T), cytosine (C), and guanine (G). These bases can connect four ways: A-T, T-A, G-C, or C-G.
4) Within these 46 chromosomes there are about 6x10^9 base pairs.
5) The four base pair combinations can be represented in a binary format like data.
6) Now we can calculate how many "bytes" of data are in the human genome.
7) So how much data is in the average human body? 75 Billion fully loaded 16gb ipads!
Never miss a thing with our weekly newsletter. We'll send you the latest and greatest infographics, news and all things Visually.
Go ahead, you can always opt out anytime with just one click.
Switch to Wordpress Code
Click below to copy
Get Notified of New Infographics
Thank you for subscribing to the Visually newsletter.
Just one last thing: we've sent you an email asking you to confirm your subscription.
Tell your story visually before December 31st and get a free iPad Air!*
The holidays are a great time to tell your brand story. From Black Friday trends and Mobile Shopping guides to the Best and Worst Times to Book Travel and Thanksgiving etiquette, the Visually team will help you craft your brand's unique stories and raise your social profile during the noisy holiday season.
*Requires $10k minimum purchase
Accepted formats : JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, PDF
Select the type of visual content you want to share