Facts about Singapore:
• Official name: Republic of Singapore
• Capital: Singapore
• Area: 692.7 square kilometers
• Population: 5.2 million people
• Singapore declared independence from th...
e United Kingdom On 31 August 1963,
• Singapore consists only of one main island and 63 other tiny islands. Most of these islands are uninhabited.
• Singapore is among the 20 smallest countries in the world, with a total land area of only 682.7 square kilometers.
• There are four official languages in Singapore: English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil, reflecting the different ethnic make-up of the city but English is the official working language, and the most widely used language.
• 85% of the population live in public housing developments and, 95 % of them own their flats. Living in public housing is not considered a sign of poverty.
• Singapore has been ranked by Forbes Magazine as the most globalized country in the world, and it is considered the fastest recovering country from the Global Economic Crisis.
• Gross Domestic Production: 291.6 billion U.S. dollars
Facts about the relations between Jordan and Singapore:
• Trade exchange between Jordan and Singapore: Jordan's Total exports to Singapore amounted to 207.5 million dollars during the first nine months of 2013 compared to 309,000 dollars of imports.
• The balance of trade between Jordan and Singapore is currently tilted in favor of Singapore, However there is significant potential for Jordan considering that it offers a lot of products and services that may meet the needs of Singapore markets, like phosphate, potash, fertilizers, mineral salts and Dead Sea products amongst others.
• Jordan’s latest Agreement with Singapore: Free Trade Agreement signed in 2004:
1. The goods of Singapore origin imported by Jordan are subject to a gradual reduction of customs duties to reach full exemption over transitional periods ranging from 5 to 10 years from the date of entry into force of the agreement.
2. While goods of Jordanian origin enter the market of Singapore exempted from customs duties and charges of equivalent effect from date of entry.
3. The agreement has come into force in the beginning of 2009
4. The Customs Department has begun applying the ninth stage the agreement in the beginning of the 2013.
Jordan offers extra liberalization for Singaporean services providers in:
o Research and development services in the fields of natural sciences, social sciences and human sciences.
o Advertising services.
o Services incidental to manufacturing.
o Convention Services.
Singapore offers extra liberalization for Jordanian services providers in:
o Computer Services.
o Research and development services in the fields of the fields of natural, social and human sciences.
o Advertising services.
o Management consultancy services.
o Real estate services, renting and leasing without operators.
o Technical testing and analysis.
1- Jordan Main Exports to Singapore are:
Miscellaneous manufactured articles
Articles of apparel, accessories, knit or crochet
2- Jordan Main Imports from Singapore are:
Articles of iron or steel
Plastics and articles thereof
Optical, photo, technical, medical, etc apparatus
Tools, implements, cutlery, etc of base metal
Electrical, electronic equipment
Aircraft, spacecraft, and parts thereof
Dairy products, eggs, honey, edible animal product nes
Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!