12 DIFFERENT TYPES OF T-SHIRT FABRICS & More
"Fabric plays a very import role in determining a number of elements of a t-shirt. Fabric can determine how well a t-shirt will be able to hold its shape even after numerous numbers of washing and wearing."
1. Burn out : Fabric treated with a chemical process that leaves sheer patches for an edgy look.
2. Combed cotton: Fine brushed are used to eliminate short strands and straighten fibers, making the fabric stronger, softer and smoother.
3. Jersey: A stretchy knit typically made from cotton or a synthetic blend, it's very flexible and comfy.
4. Linen: Made from the flax plant, the textured weave dries quickly, making it cool to wear. However, it wrinkles easily.
5. Modal: A form of rayon made from plant fibers, it has a beautiful drape and a slinky feel. It resists shrinking but can be prone to pilling, so avoid the dryer.
6. Organic cotton: Cotton grown with minimal fertilizers and pesticides. Usually softer and more expensive than treated cotton.
7. Pigment dyed: A coloring process that coats the outside of the fibers, it can create a faded, worn-in look.
8. Pima, Supima: The highest-quality cotton. Pima is the generic form of extra-long-fiber cotton grown in the United States, Australia and South America.
9. Polyester: Maintains its shape well and resists shrinking and wrinkles. Not breathable.
10.Ryon: A breathable man-made fiber made out of trees, cotton and woody plants. Has a silky hand, yet wrinkles. Also called viscose.
11.Rib knit: A ridged pattern that creates a thick, structured garment with a lot of give.
12.Slub: Fibers are twisted to create an irregular weave with a rough-hewn texture.
TOP 10 COTTON PRODUCING COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD
CHINA INDIA U.S.A. PAKISTAN BRAZIL UZBEKISTAN AUSTRALIA TURKEY TURKMENISTAN GREECE.
Top 10 products in the world: (million bales per annum)
China: 33.0 India: 27.0 USA: 18.0 Pakistan: 10.3 Brazil: 9.3 Uzbekistan: 4.6 Australia: 4.2 Turkey: 2.8
Turkmenistan: 1.6 Greece: 1.4
Visually provides on-demand access to the world's top designers and copywriters.Learn More About Visually Infographics
The holidays are a great time to tell your brand story. From Black Friday trends and Mobile Shopping guides to the Best and Worst Times to Book Travel and Thanksgiving etiquette, the Visually team will help you craft your brand's unique stories and raise your social profile during the noisy holiday season.