Malicious actors use DDoS attacks, or distributed denial of service attacks, to try to make an entire website, email system, voicemail system or network inaccessible to the users for which it’s intended. The goal of a DDoS attack is to make the targeted system unavailable due to extremely slow response t...
ime or an outage.
Over time, the nature of DDoS attacks has changed. They have become more intense and destructive. This infographic, DDoS Attack Metrics, compares key metrics of DDoS attacks mitigated by Prolexic in Q1 2013 compared with previous quarters.
This infographic reveals:
• The total number of attacks per quarter have steadily increased
• The total number of infrastructure attacks have increased, while application layer attacks have decreased
• The average bits per second rate increase a whopping 691% over the past year, from 6.1 Gbps in Q1 2012 to 48.25 Gbps in Q1 2013
• The average bits per second went up 718% in just one quarter, from 5.9 Gbps in Q4 2012 to 48.25 Gbps in Q1 2013
• Average attack duration went up 7.14% from the prior quarter and 21% from the prior year
• China retained the position in Q1 2013 of being the leading origin of DDoS attacks
For a more detailed view into recent global DDoS attacks and a full analysis of them, download the most recent Global DDoS Attack Report.
Never miss a thing with our weekly newsletter. We'll send you the latest and greatest infographics, news and all things Visually.
Go ahead, you can always opt out anytime with just one click.
Copy the code below
Newsletters are boring. So we made ours visual. Subscribe now.
Tell your story visually before December 31st and get a free iPad Air!*
The holidays are a great time to tell your brand story. From Black Friday trends and Mobile Shopping guides to the Best and Worst Times to Book Travel and Thanksgiving etiquette, the Visually team will help you craft your brand's unique stories and raise your social profile during the noisy holiday season.