LOGIN TO YOUR VISUALLY ACCOUNT
Dont't have an account? Create one
Visual.ly is a marketplace of premium designers, journalists and developers using data to tell amazing stories through infographics, videos and more. Our portfolio of clients is extremely diverse; we connect talent to brands like Dell, Morton Salt, and Causes.com. We are currently a 45 person team and foresee rapid growth over the next few years.
We are looking for a senior level product pro to partner across teams on the creation of product vision, strategy, roadmap, and communications for the Visual.ly platform to bring our product to the next level.
This is a technical product management role; you do not need to be an engineer, however, you and your team will be expected to provide valuable technical contributions throughout the software development cycle while exhibiting exemplary partnership with our partners in engineering and quality.
Are you passionately engaged with the details of what to build to move the needle on the business, while simultaneously respecting engineering's accountability for how to build it and being able to balance this against the realities of the market? Have you managed a talented team of technical product managers through the entire software development lifecycle using a variety of methodologies including scrum and agile processes? Are you looking for a role where you can oversee product planning for the entire product line, including identifying new opportunities as well as maintaining a rolling roadmap of projects or iterations?
• Manage and coach the product management team.
• Provide thought leadership and define a market-driven vision for products.
• Create the culture of building products that are driven by customer/market needs.
• Partner with cross-functional teams in defining growth metric targets and project priorities to meet business goals through the roadmap planning and execution cycles.
• Advocate for the product team viewpoint in cross-functional decision making, roadmap planning and executive meetings.
• Analyze and monitor the competitive landscape.
• Partner with internal and/or 3rd-party design teams to translate requirements into wireframes, design mockups and prototypes for front-end product.
• Work closely with a team of product managers, designers, developers, and QA to bring features to market successfully.
• 8+ years of experience in product management.
• 3+ world-class, people management experience - team builder and a strong coaching/mentoring skill set.
• Knowledge of latest industry trends and technologies to understand when to build vs when to buy to fill product gaps and features.
• Strong analytical, data-driven decision making and problem solving skill sets.
• Previous experience working with agencies will be a strong plus.
• Track record as thought leader and strategic thinker.
• Technical/Engineering background is a strong plus.
• A bias for action and ability to deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
• Highly organized and attention to details.
• Outstanding influencer, communication and presentation skills.
• Fun, energetic and collaborative team player who also demands excellence and raises the bar for her/his teams.
• BA/BS in a technical discipline.
• Strong technical background and prior experience developing distributed, large-scale consumer and/or SaaS platforms.
• Problem solver with analytical abilities; total comfort working with large volumes of data.
• Strong product acumen with a balance of strategy and attention to detail.
• Expertise in all areas regarding your products, including the customers, market, technology, competition, channels, press, analysts, trends and anything else that must be taken into account in order to win.
• Must be very strong technically and you may have grown up through the software engineering roles, then morphed into a Product/Program Manager.
• An in-depth understanding of the consumer, SaaS, and cloud-computing landscape including the various types of product offerings in the market and key players.
• Strong leadership skills, with ability to challenge and grow a healthy senior product management team working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
• Proven ability to develop strong alliances with your counterparts to ensure the success of your product; this includes engineering, test, business partners, management, etc.
• Ability to manage multiple product lines simultaneously throughout the software development lifecycle, leveraging waterfall and agile methodologies.
• Clear, crisp communication skills (both writing and verbal), ability to communicate effectively across all levels of a business.
• The ability to persuade others to do what is right for the customer and the company.
• Strategic thinking, able to go deep into technology and relate technical enhancements to customer use cases.
• Consistent history of making data-driven decisions, including gathering data where none exists.
• Able to operate in a fast-paced startup company. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Can deal effectively with change, unexpected events and ambiguity.
• Radically open and transparent. Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others. Takes responsibility for actions and keeps commitments.
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to build and recruit a results driven, team oriented environment.
• High energy and passionate about the products you are building and the ability to translate this energy into action.
• Must be a flexible self-starter who can ramp up quickly and can adapt to a growing and evolving team: Strong self-motivation. Imaginative, motivated, and able to work effectively under pressure. Independent, self-motivated, strategic, and patient to work with large customer accounts requiring high touch. Excellent at consultative selling.
The holidays are a great time to tell your brand story. From Black Friday trends and Mobile Shopping guides to the Best and Worst Times to Book Travel and Thanksgiving etiquette, the Visually team will help you craft your brand's unique stories and raise your social profile during the noisy holiday season.