3. The naming of the cookie depends on which bakery it comes from
Cookies are baked by 2 licensed bakeries: www.abcsmartcookies.com or www.littlebrownie.com.
While defended as a skill building e...
xercise for girls, the "skills" girls learn through the Girl Scout cookie program certainly have an annual payoff for the organization:
4. In 2010, some three million girls sold 198 million boxes for a record $714 million in cookie revenue to support Girl Scouting.
Source: Girl Scouts of the USA
4. Some girl scout cookies get retired.
Presumably because they are the least popular. Still, each cookie has its diehard fans. Click here for a list of some of the ones people miss the most.
5. The current record is 17,328 boxes in a single year by a single girl scout
Jennifer Sharpe, age 15, of Dearborn, Mich., holds the record for most cookies ever sold, with 17,328 boxes in 2008. Of the $21,000 her troop raised to go on a 10-day tour of Europe, $14,000 was due to Sharpe.
6. Girl Scouts as a political litmus test?
As of 2005, 71.5 percent of women in the U.S. Senate and 67.1 percent of women in the House of Representatives are Girl Scouts alumnae.
7. Girl Scouts earns $37 million in membership revenue fees, but over $714 million from cookie sales
Never miss a thing with our weekly newsletter. We'll send you the latest and greatest infographics, news and all things Visually.
Go ahead, you can always opt out anytime with just one click.
Switch to Wordpress Code
Click below to copy
Get Notified of New Infographics
Thank you for subscribing to the Visually newsletter.
Just one last thing: we've sent you an email asking you to confirm your subscription.
Tell your story visually before December 31st and get a free iPad Air!*
The holidays are a great time to tell your brand story. From Black Friday trends and Mobile Shopping guides to the Best and Worst Times to Book Travel and Thanksgiving etiquette, the Visually team will help you craft your brand's unique stories and raise your social profile during the noisy holiday season.
*Requires $10k minimum purchase
Complete your profile
Which role describes you best?
Please tell us more about your professional experience...
Please fill out at least one of the following fields