The Best 11 Tips for Increasing User Engagement on Your Website
1. Create great content with the aid of Google Trends
2. Contact your local hosting company and upgrade your hosting plan (making pages load much faster!)
3. Kill pages with bounce rates of 85% or higher (use Google Analytics)
4. Improve website copyrighting by reworking headlines on your top 5 most visited pages. Focus on specific benefits more than features!
5. Invest in Social -- focus on Facebook for the mainstream, LinkedIn within B2B markets, and in Google+ to make Google love your site
6. Improve the Google SERP snippet for your homepage. Include an incentive to click through to your page such as "10% off your first order".
7. Add an email capture form on key pages to let visitors know when something cool comes out.
8. Plan your registration to be smartphone friendly!
9. Submit your site to UserTesting.com and deeply understand the feedback
10. Ask your users for feedback by using OpinionLab, Kampyle or UserVoice
11. Add images related to your content and make your existing images more engaging with imonomy