HOW AVERAGE LIFE EXPECTANCY WILL INCREASE TO 100 BY 2050
LIFE EXPECTANCY - UNITED STATES
LIFE EXPECTANCY (YEARS)
95 85 75 65 55 45 0
1900 1915 1930 1945 1960 1975 1990 2005 2020 2035 2050
STEM CELL BREAKTHROUGHS THAT CAN INCREASE LIFE EXPECTANCY
Made to Order Organs Created With a Person's Own Stem Cells
On June 9th the 1st Synthetically grown trachea was implanted in Stockholm, Sweden.
1st artificial heart created with stem cells...
- The "existing structure of a donor heart" was used, then repopulated with a patients own stem cells.
The restoration of eyesite with stem cells...
- Scientists "repaired damaged corneas" in mice, with injections of stem cells.
GENETIC RESEARCH THAT MAY PROLONG THE LENGTH OF HUMAN LIFE
Lifespan of round worms increased by 30%...
- Researchers blocked specific genes which led to an increase in average lifespan; equivalent to 97 years in humans.
Modifing a gene in flies doubled lifespan...
- Gene restricts calorie absorbtion on a cellar level. Literally named the "I'm Not Dead Yet" Gene.
Deletion of SIR2 Gene Doubles Lifespan of Yeast Cells
- Doctors believe this may shift an organism into "extreme survival mode" on the cellular level.
BETTER TREATMENT FOR THE 4 MAIN LIFESTYLE DISEASES: OBESITY, HEART DISEASE, DIABETES, AND HYPERTENSION
Mice Immune to Obesity After Gene Manipulation
- PAI-1 gene inhibition stopped obesity, insulin resistance, and type 2 diabetes in mice
Reversal of Type 1 Diabetes with Stem Cells
- Researchers in Brazil successfully reversed type 1 diabetes in 15 patients
Discovery of Gene Varient That Protects Against Stroke + Heart Disease...
- UMOD Gene can regulate levels of substance called "uromoduline". Varient can reduce risk of stroke and heart problems in humans.
The holidays are a great time to tell your brand story. From Black Friday trends and Mobile Shopping guides to the Best and Worst Times to Book Travel and Thanksgiving etiquette, the Visually team will help you craft your brand's unique stories and raise your social profile during the noisy holiday season.