Header

Transcript

Amount of Water Wasted at your home

Why Conserve Water?



While fresh water is renewable resources, the world's supply of clean, usable water is decreasing faster than it can be replaced.



Salt Water

Fresh Water

Frozen

Available for Human Consumption



97%

3%



Although over 70% of the earth's surface is water, 97% of that water is saline (salt water), leaving a mere 3% for fresh water.



Only 1% of all water is fit for human consumption!



Of that 3%, over 2/3 is frozen in glaciers and the polar ice caps, leaving less than 1% readily available for human consumption.



Save Money and Water with Low-Flow Fixtures and Appliances



An average US family uses 127,009 gallons of water per year! Low-flow appliances and fixtures can help reduce that number.



Normal Fixture

Low-flow Fixture

SAVINGS ON THE WATER BILL



FAUCET



If the faucet is run for 4 minutes a day...

4,000 gal/yr

3,000 gal/yr

A water saving faucet would save over 1,000 GALLONS OF WATER PER YEAR!

1-2%



WASHING MACHINE



If you do just 2 loads every week

5,000 gal/yr

3,000 gal/yr

A water saving washer would save over 2,000 gallons of water per year!

2-5%



SHOWER HEAD



If every other day you took a 15 min shower...

19,000 gal/yr

7,000 gal/yr

A water saving shower head would save over 12,000 gallons of water per year!

9-12%



TOILET



If a toilet is flushed 15 times per day...

33,000 gal/yr

9,000 gal/yr

A water saving toilet would save over 24,000 gallons of water per year!

15-18%



TOTAL SAVINGS PER HOUSEHOLD



If all US household installed water-saving fixtures and appliances, it would save



40,000 gal/yr per household



Savings on water bill: 30%



X



All US Households



=



5.4 billion gal/day!



$ 11.3 million dollars!



In just one year, this amounts to 2 trillion gallons of water saved, which is worth over $4 billion dollars!

Engaging Infographics

Visually provides on-demand access to the world's top designers and copywriters.

Learn More About Visually Infographics

Amount of Water Wasted at your home

shared by smithapat on Mar 05, 2013 in Environment

Amount of Water Wasted at your home

shared by smithapat on Mar 05, 2013 in Environment

2,365 views

5 faves

0 comments

Water plays an important role in the lives of most living beings. Though it is abundant on planet earth, 97% is salt water and unfit for human consumption. Out of the available water resource only 1% ...
Rank: 124 of 3018 in Environment

Published by

Designed By

smithapat
Did you work on this visual? Claim credit!

Embed Code

Switch to Wordpress Code
Click below to copy
Customize size