Visual.ly is looking for a part-time (contract) d3 hacker to join our team. You like working on the bleeding edge? You are excited about data? And like problem solving?
As a D3 Hacker, you will be tasked with integrating new and managing existing data sources, both via API's (e.g: twitter and facebook) and unstructured data sets (csv's and google docs) for 20% of your time. You will
also be responsible for hacking together visualizations with d3.js for 80% of your time.
- You are data-savvy and know your way around social media API's.
- You consider yourself a full-stack developer and are non-dogmatic about the tools that you use.
- You are responsible to implement the solutions you come up with on the back and front-end.
- You are able to not only work on integrating new data sources but also maintain existing data sources and solutions.
- You are able to architect future-proof solutions that stand the test of time.
- We're creating consumer-facing products that help people visualize data easier, faster, and more beautifully.
- We're a small team of people who are dedicated and have a passion for data visualizations and infographics.
- We're nimble. That means we're following a user-centered approach; we value people's feedback and iterate quickly.
- Like everyone else at the company, you're passionate about data and visualizations.
- You have outstanding problem solving skills.
- You think out of the box when you design a solution for a problem.
- You are an outspoken expert in at least one backend scripting language.
- You amplify your solutions using certain properties of relational or NoSQL database technologies.
- You are intrinsically curious about developments in the industry and the latest technologies.
Curious? Get in touch!