Problem Solver / Backend Engineer
Visual.ly is looking for a Problem Solver / Backend Engineer. You like working on the bleeding edge? You are excited about data? And like problem solving? Help us build and scale the next generation visualization software as a state-of-the art web application.
- You solve our toughest data problems.
- You design algorithms to make our software smart.
- You are responsible to implement the solutions you come up with on the back-end.
- You work with designers and front-end developers to build a great user experience that leverages your work.
- We're creating consumer-facing products that help people visualize data easier, faster, and more beautifully.
- We're a small team of people who are dedicated and have a passion for data visualizations and infographics.
- We're nimble. That means we're following a user-centered approach; we value people's feedback and iterate quickly.
- Like everyone else at the company, you're passionate about data and visualizations.
- You have outstanding problem solving skills.
- You think out of the box when you design a solution for a problem.
- You understand that a problem has a technical and a user experience side, and the best solutions are created by combining both.
- You can juggle and process big data sets efficiently with cost of resources in mind.
- You are an outspoken expert in at least one backend scripting language.
- You amplify your solutions using certain properties of relational or NoSQL database technologies.
- You are intrinsically curious about developments in the industry.
Curious? Get in touch!