10 Thinkgs You Should Know About
1. Sriracha, pronounced SIR-rotch-ah and also known as "Rooster Sauce" was created by 66-year-old David Tran. Sriracha is the name for a certain type of Thai hot sauce, first produced for seafood restaurants.
2. The sauce is packaged and distributed by Tan's company Huy Fong Foods. Huy Fong is the name of the freighter Tran left Vietnam on.
3. The hot sauce's official mascot is the rooster, Tran's astrological sign.
4. Ingredients: Chili, sugar, salt, garlic, distilled vinegar, potassium sorbate, contains sodium bisulfite as preservatives, xanthan gum. Unlike many other hots sauces, Sriracha sauces contain no water or artificial colors.
5. Sriracha is available in 17 oz and 28 oz bottles.
6. Every year, more than 10 million bottles are produced. That's enough Sriracha to fill 88 swimming pools with yummy hot sauce.
7. Randy Clemens penned The Sriracha Cookbook, which contains 50 Rooster Sauce recipes, including Spicy Ceviche, Honey-Sriracha Glazed Buffalo Wings, Ultimate Sriracha Burger, Peach-Sriracha Sorbet and more.
8. Other uses for Sriracha include making Bloody Marys, spicy tuna rolls, sauces, in soups, with rice, eggs, dumplings, cheeseburgers, pizza, even on fruit. Pretty much everything.
9. There are many imitation Srircha hot sauces available - even bottled in similar bottles with that familiar plastic green top, but there are 3 tell tale signs that your are getting authentic Sriracha hot sauce: (1) The green plastic ring which secures the cap is exactly the same diameter as the green cap itself; the counterfeit rings are much smaller. (2) Their batch codes constisted of two clear laser etched lines. (3) Every bottle has "Huy Fong USA" embossed on the bottom.
10. In a completely unscientific survey, Sriracha has more Facebook fans (230,628 fans) than Tapatio (140,488 fans) and Cholula (85,115 fans) combined, barely proving its popularity amongst other similar hot sauces.
The holidays are a great time to tell your brand story. From Black Friday trends and Mobile Shopping guides to the Best and Worst Times to Book Travel and Thanksgiving etiquette, the Visually team will help you craft your brand's unique stories and raise your social profile during the noisy holiday season.